AKC83
What's New?

You might be a Dipshit if you...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I just put my car in extreme sports mode, the twin turbos kick in and then I make my move, they don't have time to react

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
People that drive in the fast lane & refuse to get over, even when there’s no one in the slow lane, holding up a line of cars. I’ll usually pass the idiot & get in front of them & slow down until they move over just to give them a taste of their own medicine.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Here’s the other pet peeve. Turn out in front of me like you’re trying to go from 0-60 in a second, and then go 2mph….

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
The cocksucker who drives all the way to the front of a "merging lane" on the grass to try and cut in at the front, while everybody
else is waiting in line. I literally want to put a bullet in that MF,s head, and then piss and shit on his rotting corpse.

T

treetop

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2023
Drive a Subaru. I love WRX's and they make some nice cars, but for some reason in my area when someone is holding up traffic by going way below limit, slow in passing lane, or lost in roundabout, it's a Subaru.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Here’s the other pet peeve. Turn out in front of me like you’re trying to go from 0-60 in a second, and then go 2mph….
Especially when the lay next to you is wide open

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
People that drive in the fast lane & refuse to get over, even when there’s no one in the slow lane, holding up a line of cars. I’ll usually pass the idiot & get in front of them & slow down until they move over just to give them a taste of their own medicine.
Left Lane is for passing. These motherfuckers get my road rage going. When we finally do pass them me and my daughter both stared them

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
You are 100% a dipshit loser if you eat unhealthy all through the year, but then cut back and eat healthy during Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, birthdays, and family/friend BBQ's. You are even more of a dipshit when you talk diet and give advice trying to justify your actions during these dinners and get-togethers.

T

treetop

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2023
You are 100% a dipshit loser if you eat unhealthy all through the year, but then cut back and eat healthy during Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, birthdays, and family/friend BBQ's. You are even more of a dipshit when you talk diet and give advice trying to justify your actions during these dinners and get-togethers.
When I was younger, I ate healthy all year, including holidays. Kind of a dick move to be slurping on a protein shake and refusing to eat when people worked hard making food for everyone.

These days I just enjoy the food and camaraderie at gatherings. As we age, it becomes more and more likely that a family member will die and some of those delicious recipes will be lost forever. When recipes get passed down they might be great, but never quite the same as grandma made it.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Oh… yeah, let’s talk about the benefits of Kale chips on the grill….see you Saturday …

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
When I was younger, I ate healthy all year, including holidays. Kind of a dick move to be slurping on a protein shake and refusing to eat when people worked hard making food for everyone.

These days I just enjoy the food and camaraderie at gatherings. As we age, it becomes more and more likely that a family member will die and some of those delicious recipes will be lost forever. When recipes get passed down they might be great, but never quite the same as grandma made it.
That’s all you can do. You don’t want to be the dick…
I did my best to just take off holidays from diet. I didn’t go crazy and gorge myself, but in moderation and enjoy the food and time with people. Besides the food isn’t all bad, it’s the sweets that get ya.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011

I was kind of like that too when I was younger. I still splurged on holidays, but I didn't eat much because my mom, God rest her soul, was not the best cook for these main large meals. They were good, but not over the top where I couldn't wait every year to eat them. For Christmas, she always made the BEST Coca-Cola sweet gravy though. We all try to duplicate it, but fail, lol. All the other food was just average. So many years later when I got into liking cooking, I made sure to take all the main dishes to another level of taste. She was ecstatic when we all started helping her cook. Most people don't realize how much work and planning goes into all those meals. Reflecting back, I can't see how she was able to do it all on her on and still get it on the table at a decent time.

Thanksgiving: I smoke the turkey now, my mashed potatos are solid, smoked green beans are bomb, dressing/stuffing is about the same as hers, corn is on a different level, and a few more dishes.

Christmas is the same. But yea, her sweet gravy was out of this world:(:p

But yea, I thinbk the difference between us, and dipshits out there, are that we were already eating that way going into the holidays. The people i'm speaking of purposely eat healthy and brag about it like they are going to get a medal at the end of the night, even though every day and week leading up to these meals were all crap foods and stuff.

And like you mentioned, people not eating like crazy at these meals are missing the forest for the trees. The food and memories are what it's all about....and when you lose the mother or father that was the glue in it all, it's just never the same afterward. It's never been the same since my mom passed away years back, but I do what I can so that my own kids have memories. I hope they carry the tradition into their adult lives and for their own kids to gather around as family. I'll shoot myself if they don't enjpy them, or if they just treat them as any other meal they have in the year:( lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic