Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Yohimbine

MadMick

MadMick

May 12, 2011
Yohimbine
I have used different preparations of yohimbine.. in powder form (HCL) via dmso, thimocase (which I cant find anymore) or plo gel... or pill form... It has proven to spot reduce as well as shed extra fat... Granted yohimbine is medically used for erectile dysfunction in men, it has fat loss capabilities... Yohimbine is an Alpha-2 antagonist aka blocker... Here is some information for everyone to better understand the role yohimbine can play in fat loss. ..

First.. what and where are Alpha-2 receptors...

Alpha-2 receptors are common in sites of the body that tend to accumulate fat; abdomen, breasts, buttocks and thighs. When exposed to circulating norepinephrine and epinephrine, alpha-2 receptor sites inhibit lipolysis (the release of fatty acids), while the beta receptors stimulate lipolysis. Basically, epinephrine and norepinephrine stimulate the release of fatty acids from adipose tissue into the blood stream. Once in the blood stream, fatty acids are usually rapidly oxidized (however, much more efficiently on an empty stomach). Generally, when fatty acid blood concentration is high, it favors fat storage.

What yohimbine can do...

Yohimbine blocks the alpha-2 receptors which is useful during weight loss to free up epinephrine and norepinephrine, making more available to stimulate beta receptor sites, resulting in a higher rate of lipolysis. Also, yohimbine, through its alpha 2-adrenergic receptor antagonist activity, has been shown to increase levels of norepinephrine in the blood stream.

From an ISSA study (my training cert) - Galitzky and coworkers observed during their 14- day study of yohimbine treatment that lipid-mobilizing effects were sustained during this study period. This research collaborated their earlier observations found using yohimbine as a lipid-mobilizing agent, as well as from the research of Lafontan and coworkers. Yohimbine is a selective alpha 2 antagonist and can maximize NE levels, thus maximizing fat loss, particularly in female problem areas.

Yohimbine vs. yohimbe (taken from 1fast400)

"Quite a bit of confusion seems to exist about the difference between Yohimbine and yohimbe. Yohimbine is the principal alkaloid from the herb P. yohimbe. However, there are 31 other yohimbane alkaloids that can be present in herbal yohimbe preparations. Some of these have different and unknown selectivities and potencies (and thus, effects) at the adrenergic receptors (8, 9) -- in addition, these preparations vary greatly from brand to brand and even from batch to batch, as no standardization for extraction exists. In fact, a recent investigation found that most over the counter preparations have little to no actual yohimbine (10). And, even in the more potent preparations, most people find a higher degree of undesirable effects with the herb vs. pure Yohimbine Hydrochloride"

Dosing of yohimbine HCL: 10mgs per 100lbs or (0.2mg/kg of bodyweight) other yohimbe/herbal formulas vary

side effects: dizziness, anxiety, skin flushing, headaches, hyperstimulation and nausea.. Most common and most important to monitor: rapid increase in heart rate during cardiovascular activity

***Best to be taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.. Here is why...
The lipid-mobilizing effects of yohimbine are completely negated when administered with or after a meal. Yohimbine increases insulin secretion during glucose stimulation (a meal). Yohimbine when takin with a meal, causes increased insulin secretion which blunts its lipid mobilizing effects... However, in fasting conditions, yohimbine does not increase insulin levels. These results demonstrate the importance of nutritional status when administering a 2-antagonists as lipid-mobilizing agents. Yohimbine administration first thing in the morning on an empty stomach could be followed in two to three hours by ingestion of a high-protein, high-fat meal... At least this is the MOST optimal way to utilize yohimbine.

Oral yohimbine can come in pharmaceutical grade capsules OR powder.. Powder can be combined with a dmso, plo etc for a topical use.. also great for spot reductions!!! Oral is more potent and more precautions should be used...

So there you have it Please feel free to add anything i may have missed... personal experiences etc

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
we use yohimbine in animals as a reversal for several tranquilizers. it hasnt been available commercially for several years but one can still get it compounded.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
Good stuff.....but always gets my anxiety up so I steer clear of it.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I think i am going to pick up some injectable yohimbine HCL here real soon. great article.

gentao

gentao

MuscleHead
May 16, 2011
just bought some yesterday for my girl. so of course i had to try some this morning. not sure if its all in mind but my energy has been better than usual, but i dont see to much of appetite suppression

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
just bought some yesterday for my girl. so of course i had to try some this morning. not sure if its all in mind but my energy has been better than usual, but i dont see to much of appetite suppression

If it works for you like it does for me you'll be very very horny tonight... get your girl ready! lol

greatwhitepeptides

greatwhitepeptides

May 18, 2011
Yohimbe does that to me also!!! horny

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
How is yohimbine on blood pressure?

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member