Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Yahtzee Revisted, Placebro's log

Placebro

Placebro

Nov 3, 2014
Hey all:

I enjoy keeping training logs on sites for input and general comraderie. Right now its my off-season I havent committed to any meets yet, though I may in June if thats the case Meet prep will start mid March. Off season I generally fall back on a 531 protocol with the 4th day being upper back OLY-ish movements. For my last meet I used Lillys cube method which I enjoyed because of variety and the tweaking of what seems like a conjugate method geared for Raw Lifters. Im 2 years removed from Herniating 3 discs in my cervical spine. I was planning on getting a Microdesectiomy but fortunately avoided it. My strength in my left arm is still and may never be close to what it was but slowly I am building myself back up again.

Yesterday went like so...

Standing OHP - 135x5 155x3 175x3 195x3 205x1 150x3x8
Snatch Grip High Pull - 135x10 185x5 215x3 245x3 280x1 300x3
Hang Clean - 135x5 155x5 175x3 205x3 225x3
BB Shrug - 225x20 315x20 405x15,15
Face pulls - 3x15

It's been 2 years since I've attempted a strict OHP over 200 lbs. it felt better than I thought it would. Gives me hope that I can get back up to 250 and beyond.

My cleans seem to be improving, slowly the catch portion of the lift is looking less retarded

Atmae Fitness

Atmae Fitness

Jan 15, 2015
Hi, nice start to your log, I'll be following.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Glad to see you got the log going and congratulations on hitting the OHP at 200+!

Placebro

Placebro

Nov 3, 2014
Glad to see you got the log going and congratulations on hitting the OHP at 200+!

Thanks man, it was nice to get back up there, it gave me confidence that I could get back where I was.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's a lot easier to perform Oly assisting and Oly classical lifts with a pair of Oly shoes. If you don't have a pair I'd suggest picking up a pair. It allows you to hit positions easier.

And it's great you went the prehab/rehab route for your back and not the surgical way.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Dude, can't wait to follow your training log!

Where are the locations of your disc injuries?

Last edited:
Gregger

Gregger

MuscleHead
Dec 16, 2012
Very nice! I'm subbed and looking forward to following along!

Placebro

Placebro

Nov 3, 2014
It's a lot easier to perform Oly assisting and Oly classical lifts with a pair of Oly shoes. If you don't have a pair I'd suggest picking up a pair. It allows you to hit positions easier.

And it's great you went the prehab/rehab route for your back and not the surgical way.

Thanks a bunch bro, I generally perform my Oly lifts in chucks, I have a pair of Asic Squat shoes that I wear when squatting. What Oly shoes do you recommend?

Placebro

Placebro

Nov 3, 2014
Dude, can't wait to follow your training log!

Where are the locations of your disc injuries?

Thanks! I had herniations of c4, c5 and c6 of my cervical spine. The doc also said I had pretty bad spinal stenosis, I remember him saying I had the spine of a 60 year old lol. When it happened in addition to the pretty bad discomfort, the loss of strength and feeling in my tricep and fingers was down right scary.
But I continued to train albeit differently, benching was out of the question, I went from a 365 touch N go bench to barely being able to press 135 for 2 or 3 reps. but I continued to build my strength around the injury. I did receive an epidural for the pain once and it cleared up the pain instantly and allowed me to train heavier.

My last meet was this past december and I hit a 300 paused bench, while this wasnt a PR or anything special, it was to me because I really thought benching and pulling was over.

Not sure you asked for all that info, sorrt lol

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thanks a bunch bro, I generally perform my Oly lifts in chucks, I have a pair of Asic Squat shoes that I wear when squatting. What Oly shoes do you recommend?

IMHO the best bang for the buck are the Pendlay 2015's. If money isn't an issue then I suggest the Adipowers. I have worn many different Oly shoes in the past and the Adipowers are my favorite.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic