Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

WWE Rumors: Mason Ryan and the Same Old Steroid Story?

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
WWE Rumors: Mason Ryan and the Same Old Steroid Story?

He’s doing steroids, right?

Admit it, the first time you saw Mason Ryan you said the same thing. “Look at him. He’s doing steroids.”

Mason Ryan has the body of a god. He’s chiseled out of granite, looks like a comic book superhero come to life and a hundred other clichés. Basically, he has a body that is just too good to be true.

Or does he?

Here’s the problem, the way I see it. Unless you know Mason Ryan, unless you’re in the locker room with him, work out with him, talk to the guy on the phone or whatever—how do you really know?

How do you really know that his physique is not the result of dedicated weightlifting, a gym rat who just can’t stop checking out his muscles in the full length mirror? Seriously, how do you know?

The thing is, unless you are a bodybuilder yourself or know something about muscle structure and when it is unnaturally enhanced, the truth is you really do not know.

By the way, if there are any bodybuilders reading this, I would love your input. Why?

Because I am not in the locker room with Ryan. I don’t work out with him, talk to him on the phone, or whatever. It’s for those reasons that I can honestly say that I just don’t know.

I can give you my opinion, but it’s the opinion of a guy on the outside, it’s an uninformed guess.

Nothing wrong with opinions. I’m a Featured Columnist who provides analysis and commentary on the events in professional wrestling—opinions are my business.

So, maybe I will. But not right now.

I will say that, for me, the first time I saw Mason, I did not immediately see his body and think “steroids.” My head just didn’t go there.

I suppose the reason for that is I have been a fan for so long, over 30 years now, and I am so used to seeing guys who look like Ryan that it just doesn’t phase me anymore. Perhaps it should have, as Mason is pretty big.

Scratch that. He’s ungodly big.

But, I have seen ungodly big before. Plenty of times.

Dave Batista, Lex Luger, Hulk Hogan, Scott Steiner, Chris Masters, Triple H, The Ultimate Warrior and man I could go on and on.

And, 'on', it seems.

Here’s the thing. Pro wrestling is a visual business. This is not the NFL, where players have taken steroids in order to boost performance and healing time, where the first thing fans see is the uniform, the helmet and then the play. The NFL, for fans, is all about the game and the stars who play the game.

The first thing fans see when they tune into WWE is a guy with his shirt off. It’s a given, it’s expected. Workers cut promos in their gear all the time. It’s part of the show.

Is Randy Orton really walking around backstage in only his trunks and boots? A full hour before his match?

A wrestler has to sell himself. That’s what it’s all about. It’s not just the physical ability in the ring, it’s how he talks, how he walks and how he carries himself.

And, in WWE, it’s also all about how he looks.

I know what you’re thinking. What about Mick Foley? I agree, it makes no sense.

It makes no sense that a company built on the backs of men who all look like Terminators, would feature an overweight, hairy guy like Foley. It’s a ridiculous notion.

But, Foley had carved out a place all his own in the business. No one had the type of push that he had, no one had the effect he had on the crowd, or the psychology he possessed. And, no one could cut a promo quite the way Mick Foley could.

Man, that guy can talk.

Yes, Foley is an exception. And, no, not every Superstar showcased by Vince McMahon over the years was synthetically jacked up. So, why the rant on Mason?

Because, according to recent reports online, including Rajah.com, sources in the WWE locker room say there is a “great deal of skepticism about WWE pushing a guy who has a physique that’s virtually impossible to maintain naturally. With WWE’s strict wellness tests, the Superstars know what they can get away with and what they can’t.”

Okay, so, let’s say for argument’s sake that Ryan is pumped up on steroids. His body, from head to toe, artificially constructed, because of an apparent need to sell himself in order to get a contract from Vince McMahon. The question is, not why, but how?

How stupid can you be? Seriously, how insanely stupid can one man be that he does not realize in this day and age, after all the drug suspensions and steroid controversies that fans have seen, that you can’t get away with it anymore?

More importantly, if the report is true, and there is real concern backstage over Mason’s exaggerated body, then why is he there in the first place?

Why is he there, and why is he on Monday Night Raw, the company’s flagship and most well known pro wrestling program in the world? Why would Vince take a chance, if there was even a hint of wrongdoing on Ryan’s part?

Maybe we’re all missing the point. Maybe the guy isn’t on the juice after all. That would answer all of these questions.

Okay, so, back to my opinion. Do I believe Mason Ryan is on steroids?

To tell you the truth, I just don’t know.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Uh...yeah. 6'5" 290 with abs? He is juicing and most likely in a rather big way. This is just my opinion of course but this after looking at both natural and non-natural bodies for over 20 years. But at the end of the day who really cares? I'd say you would be hard pressed to find 10 people in the WWE who actually make it on TV who are not on gear.

Look at Triple H. When he came to the WWE he was smaller than Shawn then in about 3 years he was 275. Same with Brock, walking around in WWE at over 300 pounds with abs now 265 with no cuts to be seen.

Last edited:
F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
U. But at the end of the day who really cares? I'd say you would be hard pressed to find 10 people in the WWE who actually make it on TV who are not on gear.

EXACTLY!! This supposed to be a breaking news story?? "NEWS FLASH,PRO WRESTLERS ON AAS,NEWS AT 11" LMAO.

What a surprise.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
im a big time wrestling fan..It goes way back to mid south wresting..The road warriors were the shit...That is actually why i wannted to be big all my life...Hawk and Animal were massive back in the days....That is what set the gate way for me and my dreams od becoming a mass monster and the only way to gain that staus was to power train and strenght train....But to get on the subject at ahnd...Steroids will allways be apart of the wwe or any sport for that matter..Its a way of life..Its not sad its the facts...And i dnt see nothing worng with it...And do do many other that dont take anabolics...Size counts and more so to make a super star...Hell even the owner of the WWE is a roid freak.Look at the dude..For a reporter to make a big deal about it is like repeating old news...The people will read it with def ears...really..Its a fucking joke man,,,,dw

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
post up a pic i just googled the guy he is pretty jacked i must say..... he could use a little leg work but then again i wish i had his physique lol... how old is he anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDyntdFI4II

if you have ever meet a wrestler or even a bodybuilder you will notice two things.... they all lie about there weight... and i have had the chance to meet wrestlers in person and you will notice they look much bigger on TV than in real life im not taking anything away from the guy he is still a monster

Last edited:
gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
post up a pic i just googled the guy he is pretty jacked i must say..... he could use a little leg work but then again i wish i had his physique lol... how old is he anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDyntdFI4II

if you have ever meet a wrestler or even a bodybuilder you will notice two things.... they all lie about there weight... and i have had the chance to meet wrestlers in person and you will notice they look much bigger on TV than in real life im not taking anything away from the guy he is still a monster

This is only true some of the time. I was actually able to work out with some of the WWE guys years ago and hang around them a bit due to working security and my next door neighbor being Jerry Lawler's cousin. Some of the guys were actually much bigger in person. I remember standing next to "the heart break kid" and thinking damn, his arms are close to 20". He was jacked at the time at around 235. When I met Glen "kane" for the first time I was like holly fuck this guy is huge.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
yes back in his prime ( early 90's) shawn micheals was jacked for his size

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
This is only true some of the time. I was actually able to work out with some of the WWE guys years ago and hang around them a bit due to working security and my next door neighbor being Jerry Lawler's cousin. Some of the guys were actually much bigger in person. I remember standing next to "the heart break kid" and thinking damn, his arms are close to 20". He was jacked at the time at around 235. When I met Glen "kane" for the first time I was like holly fuck this guy is huge.
I'll never forget the day I met stone cold steve austin. Guy is NOT big.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
ya the all lie about there weight to.... u say in that article he is 290 i just watched his enterance for WWE it says he is like 315 lol 25 extra lbs so who knows.... the most impressive part is his chest development and arms and shoulders

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
ya the all lie about there weight to.... u say in that article he is 290 i just watched his enterance for WWE it says he is like 315 lol 25 extra lbs so who knows.... the most impressive part is his chest development and arms and shoulders

The big show was billed as 500 pounds but in an interview year ago he said he was pushing 550 when he hit WWE....lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic