Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

WTF My test levels went down !!!

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
OK so I've been on TRT for the better part of 20 years. Just turned 58. Half that time was doctor prescribed and half that time my own protocol.
The end of 2021 i wanted to go back doctor prescribed so i missed a few shots to come in low on the labs and my levels dropped to 80. So, doc put me on 200mg Perrigo cyp every 10 days. He did my new labs a few months later in Dec of 21 and i was at 375, which is still low, but he was happy they were going up. I always add in an extra 100mg on my own per week because i can't function well at 375. So, I've been on his protocol since then (8 months) and just had my labs done 2 weeks ago by him and I'm at fucking 110. How in the fuck did i go down that low while on 200mg Perrigo cyp every 10 days, plus the 100mg a week i add??? I'll admit i constantly feel fatigued and run down. I get an average of 8 hrs sleep a night. Now my TSH levels were way high at 8.3 with (0.450-4.500) being the norm. So i know that will add to the fatigue, but never had levels go down like that. Hes retesting me in a couple of weeks. Could my high TSH affect my test levels?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
OK so I've been on TRT for the better part of 20 years. Just turned 58. Half that time was doctor prescribed and half that time my own protocol.
The end of 2021 i wanted to go back doctor prescribed so i missed a few shots to come in low on the labs and my levels dropped to 80. So, doc put me on 200mg Perrigo cyp every 10 days. He did my new labs a few months later in Dec of 21 and i was at 375, which is still low, but he was happy they were going up. I always add in an extra 100mg on my own per week because i can't function well at 375. So, I've been on his protocol since then (8 months) and just had my labs done 2 weeks ago by him and I'm at fucking 110. How in the fuck did i go down that low while on 200mg Perrigo cyp every 10 days, plus the 100mg a week i add??? I'll admit i constantly feel fatigued and run down. I get an average of 8 hrs sleep a night. Now my TSH levels were way high at 8.3 with (0.450-4.500) being the norm. So i know that will add to the fatigue, but never had levels go down like that. Hes retesting me in a couple of weeks. Could my high TSH affect my test levels?
Doubt the high TSH has anything to do with it. Using deep IM? Could be buildup of scar tissue and inj into that thus slowing release. Doesn't make sense, if anything levels should go up as you get older because metabolism of the drug slows down. Regardless that TSH is too high, sweetspot is 1.5 - 2.0. Probably need a mix of T4 and T3 to get it down. Are you doing the LC/MS-MS assay?

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
U

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Doubt the high TSH has anything to do with it. Using deep IM? Could be buildup of scar tissue and inj into that thus slowing release. Doesn't make sense, if anything levels should go up as you get older because metabolism of the drug slows down. Regardless that TSH is too high, sweetspot is 1.5 - 2.0. Probably need a mix of T4 and T3 to get it down. Are you doing the LC/MS-MS assay?
Hes doing a TSH + Free T4, T3, Estrogen, Testosterone free and total, Prolactin, CBC with Differential/platelet, PSA and a CMP'
Hes also doing an ultrasound of my thyroid.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
@kid666 lab test number of 110 is ridiculously low, especially that you’re adding an additional 100mg per week on top of the human grade 200mg test cyp.

Something isn’t right. Is the 100mg of extra test per week an ugl? If yes, it’s not test. Can’t be because your not even within the average lab levels of testosterone which is approximately between 300 - 800.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
@kid666 lab test number of 110 is ridiculously low, especially that you’re adding an additional 100mg per week on top of the human grade 200mg test cyp.

Something isn’t right. Is the 100mg of extra test per week an ugl? If yes, it’s not test. Can’t be because your not even within the average lab levels of testosterone which is approximately between 300 - 800.
It's the same test I've been using for last several years. I'm positive its legit. Even without the additional 100mg it should be well above with the Perrigo prescription test. I'm getting the labs redone so we will see. Never even heard of someone's numbers dropping with a test script.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
It's the same test I've been using for last several years. I'm positive its legit. Even without the additional 100mg it should be well above with the Perrigo prescription test. I'm getting the labs redone so we will see. Never even heard of someone's numbers dropping with a test script.
Agreed, I’m truly stumped as well. Keep us posted when you get the lab results back.

Last edited by a moderator:
genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
There is a possibility that you received some counterfeit Perrigo. Pharmacies get ripped off with counterfeit stuff just as much as we do using UGL. Usually doesn't happen with stuff as cheap as test, but it is fairly common with the more expensive drugs.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
There is a possibility that you received some counterfeit Perrigo. Pharmacies get ripped off with counterfeit stuff just as much as we do using UGL. Usually doesn't happen with stuff as cheap as test, but it is fairly common with the more expensive drugs.
I never even thought of that but at this point I'm looking at and considering everything.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
When are you measuring vs when you take the shot?

E10 days is less than ideal.

If you take the dose and split to every 5 days 100, my guess is you will be fine. That is about 140/week which is a good (actual) Replacement dose which will put most people top of scale.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
When are you measuring vs when you take the shot?

E10 days is less than ideal.

If you take the dose and split to every 5 days 100, my guess is you will be fine. That is about 140/week which is a good (actual) Replacement dose which will put most people top of scale.
Hey Mac, Thats just it. I take 200mg of RX test every Sunday and add 100mg ugl test every Wednesday. But before i get lab work done i will generally skip a week of shots, so as not to come in to high. That will usually keep me on the low end of normal. This time they just bottomed out. Docs redoing labs on the 23rd, so that'll give me a little more to go by when those come back.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
But before i get lab work done i will generally skip a week of shots, so as not to come in to high. That will usually keep me on the low end of normal.

@kid666

I just graphed it out and did some calcs.
Do you understand 1/2 lifes? Sounds pretty normal to me.

Here is a graph of 3 differnt things.

BLUE is your regimen of shot of 200 Sun and 100 wed.
Yellow is 200 Sun
Red is 75/ week (which was a guess of what might yield numbers in the 375ish range.

It does not seem like you are super accurate in tracking exact times of stoppage and testing. Just a day or two difference from cessation make LARGE drops in numbers,

So 10 days from your peak of where you were taking your 300, puts you down where you would be on 75 (or 375-ish etc)

Does not seem out of whack to me. Add in variability of how each individual metabolizes, and totally plausible. You simply cant get accurate readings by totally cutting off and trying to 'time' your testing.

Better to have stable administration and take your blood work 5-7 days after shot (mid point of peak)

Docs redoing labs on the 23rd, so that'll give me a little more to go by when those come back

There is nothing meaningful to be gained from your blood work unless you just want to please your Dr. You are manipulating your bloodwork, so what is to be gained. If you are going to jump right back on 300/week. Just go get a private test when you are doing your 'normal' routine.

rMW2p8n.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic