jacobss
What's New?

WTF Happened to my Shoulder?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
So....last few months i've had the little pain in my left shoulder that felt different than when I had my RC repair in my right shoulder. So i did several things, laid off upper body in gym, then when i went back at it, and everytime i went heavy, I lost strength. So I made an appt with my shoulder/upper body doc LOL.
Went to see him last week, and he said to rule out a slap tear or RC tear, he needs images and would like an MRI with contrast.
So i made an appt for this past Tues.
Went in, informed them i am allergic to iodine, they said fine wont use it. Injected me, got MRI done, went back to work. All is good. even worked out that evening, did heavy legs.
At about 10p, my left shoulder (same one they did MRI on), started aching...then the pain just got worse and worse. I was up all night with this pain because it was so bad. In the morning, my hubbs said well we goin to the ER, i said i guess so it was that bad.
So went in, they gave me a pain injection (toradol sp?) and gave me some lidocaine patches and a script for a muscle relaxer.
So got home and did all that. Finally pain had subsided.
But here i am a couple days later, i still feel like i could not work out, and it hurts to raise it. It is almost like i got a frozen shoulder from this bullshit on MRI.
So i left a message with my upper body doc.

I know small things can trigger a frozen shoulder, but man, that is what it feels like. The pain is in the joint and deep. It has really subsided by now, but i still feel it. And now i regret getting an MRI. Fuck.
Here i am tryin to do some investigative stuff for my longevity and this happens.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Injection into the shoulder or IV for contrast? Possible infection?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Injection into the shoulder, not IV.
@Wilson6
How long was the MRI and was your shoulder in a fixed position?
I have a frozen left shoulder and had very deep sleep one night and had slept on my side which pinched it and I couldn't free it up for a week.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I think you needed the MRI, but maybe a reaction in your shoulder . Did you try any anti histamine? Do you sleep on that side? Do you have any neck pain?

This must be the week we all have shoulder issues. My right one was hurting all week. Has to be from all the driving and my hand resting on the wheel. Or I slept wrong. Mine is getting better. Just doing consistent and constant motion and stretching. It was tight because one of the tendons popped a day ago. It’s getting better, but I’m getting a massage soon and going to the chiropractor.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
LOL....my right shoulder has been eff'd up for the last gfew years, but this last 2-3 weeks, it's a mess:eek:

Can't really add anything to why or what happened though:(

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
How long was the MRI and was your shoulder in a fixed position?
I have a frozen left shoulder and had very deep sleep one night and had slept on my side which pinched it and I couldn't free it up for a week.
That woulda been my guess too. Only MRI I ever had was for my leg and irrelevant. But I get a minor version of your experience on my bad shoulder most nights depending on where that arm is in relation to my torso. My incidents sound like they are more frequent than yours BUT far less intense. I ascribe that good fortune to the fact I'm a light sleeper and probably self-remedy each time I'm approaching what you did.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hey there, a little update, day after day it is getting better.
No, i didn't sleep on it, i actually sleep on my right shoulder lol.
For the MRI, it was approx 25-30mins, and afterwards it was fine. Even for my workout that night, although did legs and didnt really use my arms, but still.

I was pissed that the place that did my MRI did not call me back. Lady said that she would gave the Doctor call me, well he hasn't.

Hey JackD, no didn't try an antihistimine....thats a thought. My immediate thought was also a reaction to the injection or infection,.,but site where they injected is not red nor is warm to the touch, no bruising, etc.
I really think something triggered the frozen shoulder.

Thanks all, looks like its shoulder season at the Den....damn...

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hey there, a little update, day after day it is getting better.
No, i didn't sleep on it, i actually sleep on my right shoulder lol.
For the MRI, it was approx 25-30mins, and afterwards it was fine. Even for my workout that night, although did legs and didnt really use my arms, but still.

I was pissed that the place that did my MRI did not call me back. Lady said that she would gave the Doctor call me, well he hasn't.

Hey JackD, no didn't try an antihistimine....thats a thought. My immediate thought was also a reaction to the injection or infection,.,but site where they injected is not red nor is warm to the touch, no bruising, etc.
I really think something triggered the frozen shoulder.

Thanks all, looks like its shoulder season at the Den....damn...
Too bad you weren’t here for the weekend. I went to a specialty massage place earlier today that only does deep tissue work and one of the specialties is frozen shoulder. Haha I’m having your sympathy pains. My neck, back and shoulder do feel a crap tons better.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Too bad you weren’t here for the weekend. I went to a specialty massage place earlier today that only does deep tissue work and one of the specialties is frozen shoulder. Haha I’m having your sympathy pains. My neck, back and shoulder do feel a crap tons better.
JACK!!! Wrong thread! See the abused old pecker thread from CFM.

please.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013

OH damn, that massage sounds super nice right about now.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Update: Met with my shoulder doc today. Full tear in RC on my left shoulder. Dang.
He put in some cortisone and i'll likely look to have the surgery next year. Just lift on it/adjust my workouts this year.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic