Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 inside thigh pull?

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
very sad, sickening day at the gym today, after i tossed some guy curling in the squat rack out of it, a 45lb bar and 2-5lb plates on the dam thing, i was standing there and couldnt take it anymore. anyway, 1st warm up squat @ 135 i noticed a slight pull on the inside of my upper thigh(guys, right next to our nuts) you know when you slip and catch yourself and you get a 'wtf was that'? right there.just thought nothing of it really, 225 @ 10 i was questioning this pulling i was having, 315@8 i said to myself i better stop. leg press didnt fair much better, leg extension bombed, leg curl same shit.

1-i slid on xmas eve on the ice and caught myself, didnt think nothing of that, until now. and/or
2-a very rookie mistake, i tried out my new benching form yesterday, driving through my legs, and since this was my first actual max weight for reps, may have fucked something up then? i heard of guys tearing quads while benching, just saying.

im not sure what the fuck happened, but i left the gym semi-defeated, i am off work today and had a treat in store for my legs.normally oldschool would have stayed, but maybe some wisdom kicked in and i knew i couldnt begin to push without furthering my 'injury'. hope some rest will heal up whatever the hell i did.:mad:

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sounds like its just a strain. Rest up your lower half for a week and see how you fair.

F

faller

Dec 7, 2011
Man its depressing when that happens! Often times you get these quirky pains and for the life of me i can't even narrow it down to what brought it on. I've been chalking it up to age recently, lol. No idea how old you are but my defining moment was when i hit 50, annoying little pains no longer go away as readily if they ever do.

Good call on calling it quits for the day. I doubt its anything serious is going there, ice and rest is what i'd do. Maybe even skip a couple leg days to let her heal up properly.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
im going to be 45 this year faller, i will rest it up guys, not much else i guess, tomorrow is a new day and trap/tri/ delt day..until i decide to run 5/3/1...

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I had a pull that sounds jus like that, happened maybe 6 months ago... I got under the bar stone cold with 135lbs... I felt it for a moth or so afterwards but it didn't hold me back from training and healed up.... I don't start out cold like that anymore not even with a empty bar, I at least get on a cycle for 5 mins jus to get the blood flowing....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Sounds like its just a strain. Rest up your lower half for a week and see how you fair.

I agree. I bet this was due to the slip and not the benching. Ice, rest, and take an anti inflammatory and you should be g2g in a week.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Hind site is 20/20 but you probably should have just stopped as soon as you felt something wrong. Thats been my new strategy lately and I can say that I may miss some lifts sometimes but im pretty much ache and pain free because of it (knock on wood). Hope you heal up quick, just go easy on it.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
That's what happens when you're a tough hard headed goat :). (couldn't think of anything harder headed). Rest it up as it is probably just a strain and you damn sure dont want to damage it further because it is a bitch to heal. :)

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I had a pull that sounds jus like that, happened maybe 6 months ago... I got under the bar stone cold with 135lbs... I felt it for a moth or so afterwards but it didn't hold me back from training and healed up.... I don't start out cold like that anymore not even with a empty bar, I at least get on a cycle for 5 mins jus to get the blood flowing....

thanks gstacker!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
That's what happens when you're a tough hard headed goat :). (couldn't think of anything harder headed). Rest it up as it is probably just a strain and you damn sure dont want to damage it further because it is a bitch to heal. :)

thanks atw!! lol! much appreciated!!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Hind site is 20/20 but you probably should have just stopped as soon as you felt something wrong. Thats been my new strategy lately and I can say that I may miss some lifts sometimes but im pretty much ache and pain free because of it (knock on wood). Hope you heal up quick, just go easy on it.

i hear you mw, but as alltheway said..hard head goat i am..:)

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I agree. I bet this was due to the slip and not the benching. Ice, rest, and take an anti inflammatory and you should be g2g in a week.

thanks boI, will do, i am off work today, got hunnydew list done.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic