Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Wrong about diets

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I got in this same 'argument' with Italian Muscle a few years back when he told me I did not know what I was talking about.

Anyway... I posted this as an example of daily shape that I hold without putting forth effort with cardio..etc.

In full disclosure, I have let my weight drift up about 10-12lbs. Was 205 in those pics, and currently at 215 @ 5'9". I had a back injury and staying that lean hurts too much. Carrying a little extra fat and water feels better. Current pic is the bottom one where you can see my legs are not as defined as I once was. Dont have any current upper body pics but still have abs, just lost the veins in the abs.

Thinking about shedding some fat for summer. Just have to balance wanting to not ache all over when I get lean....

UMioW9A.jpg

Y5vkAat.jpg

vvUma8S.jpg

It wasn't an argument, it was a discussion. You can tell you put the work in, and it shows.
I honestly don't remember what we were even talking about, but I know it was diet related.
Ive only used 2 diet guru pros.. Shelby Starnes and Chris Tuttle. I can't say enough good things about both these guys. Shelby is on a totally different level. You should see the shape he gets his women clients in, unreal. Chris, love this guy too. He always dials me right in, and I think he knows my body better than I do..lol. No kidding either. But both use different approaches. When I used Shelby, it was carb cycling. Not sure if he still does that with his clients, but it worked for me.

Chris had a different approach, he had me on way more carbs than Shelby did, but he also mixed in some carb cycling as well. But for the last 5-6 years, the diet always changed. What worked for me last year, it wouldn't work this year, but Chris always figured it out, every single time.

And the best part of it all, I never did cardio with Chris. Shelby had me doing cardio every single day. Chris wanted me to as well, but I just didnt have the time to work 10-12hrs, then work out for 45min, then do cardio? I would be too exhausted. Shit, I was exhausted just doing what I was doing without the cardio. I did everything with food, and no protein shakes. I don't believe in them. Id get all my nutrients from food. Only supplements I used, fish oils, and species v-mineralize.

I respect every single one of you guys and gals who put the time in, to look the way you do. It isnt easy. In my opinion, bodybuilding is by far the toughest sport to do and master. People can argue golf, baseball, etc.. but 99.9% of the worlds population cant do the diet. Working out is the easy part, trying to work a 10-12hr shift with only consuming 50g of carbs for the entire day sucks..

Reactions: 5.0
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
It wasn't an argument, it was a discussion. You can tell you put the work in, and it shows.
I honestly don't remember what we were even talking about, but I know it was diet related.
Ive only used 2 diet guru pros.. Shelby Starnes and Chris Tuttle. I can't say enough good things about both these guys. Shelby is on a totally different level. You should see the shape he gets his women clients in, unreal. Chris, love this guy too. He always dials me right in, and I think he knows my body better than I do..lol. No kidding either. But both use different approaches. When I used Shelby, it was carb cycling. Not sure if he still does that with his clients, but it worked for me.

Chris had a different approach, he had me on way more carbs than Shelby did, but he also mixed in some carb cycling as well. But for the last 5-6 years, the diet always changed. What worked for me last year, it wouldn't work this year, but Chris always figured it out, every single time.

And the best part of it all, I never did cardio with Chris. Shelby had me doing cardio every single day. Chris wanted me to as well, but I just didnt have the time to work 10-12hrs, then work out for 45min, then do cardio? I would be too exhausted. Shit, I was exhausted just doing what I was doing without the cardio. I did everything with food, and no protein shakes. I don't believe in them. Id get all my nutrients from food. Only supplements I used, fish oils, and species v-mineralize.

I respect every single one of you guys and gals who put the time in, to look the way you do. It isnt easy. In my opinion, bodybuilding is by far the toughest sport to do and master. People can argue golf, baseball, etc.. but 99.9% of the worlds population cant do the diet. Working out is the easy part, trying to work a 10-12hr shift with only consuming 50g of carbs for the entire day sucks..

Good to see you are still around man! It goes back a ways and from reading some of your above, it seems some of your ideas have changed since the exchange we had.

Basicly at the time I was saying the 'diets' need not be so restrictive as long as cals are kept at desired levels. Eg leaving room for eating things within balance and I did not feel there were any foods totally off limits as long as you kept your cals at desired levels and got protein in along with desired fats.

I also stated that I did not rely on cardio for fat loss and just controlled composition with restricting intake.

Again...so many ways to skin a cat and that was my point all along. So many people develop overly restrictive protocols (which of course work) but it does not mean that is the only way.

For me life is about balance of all things and I enjoy eating and drinking when the time arises.

FWIW, @ItalianMuscle, you physique was truly top notch and NO doubt you put your time in as well. I have just been spreading the word for the past 10 years that I figured out similar results can be had from MUCH less restrictive methods.

Hope you and yours are well!

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I just had to look at this one. Per capata, Australians eat more meat than anyone. USA is #2, Isreal #3 and Argentina is #4. With the average life span Australia #11, USA #41 Isreal #9, Argentina #67. Those that live the longest are in Hong Kong, Switzerland and Japan. HLE, Japan #1, France #2, Iceland #3 and Denmark #4. I just don't see that meat has much to do with life span of HLE. All of these countries have excellent health care so it has to be something else. Perhaps we need to start looking at genetics?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hong Kong actually consumes one of the largest amounts of meat on avg. A lot of the establish data that pops up (particularly on Google seo algorithms) is misleading.
“For reference, Hong Kong consumes more meat per person (695 grams per day or about 1.5 pounds) than any other nation, with a life expectancy of 84.3 years, the world's highest. Meanwhile, India has the second lowest per capita meat consumption in the world, and the average life expectancy is 68.3 years.Aug 7, 2018”

According to the World Population Review: " Today, Argentina eats the most beef and veal, about 39.9 kilograms per person every year. The 27 countries of the European Union and China eat the most pork, about 35.5 and 30.4 kilograms per capita, respectively. Israel eats the most poultry, at 64.9 kilograms per capita annually. Kazakhstan eats the most sheep, at 8.5 kilograms per person every year. "

Every other chart I have seen show the USA, Australia and Argentina to be the top three meat consumers wich includes all meats. I did see one on the World Atlas they was Argentina - 41.6kg (yr/per capita) Uruguay - 37.9kg, Brazil - 27kg, USA - 24.5kg consume the most beef. I have been to these three S,American countries lots and know well theyeat lots of beef. Mostly because it is very cheap. I bought a kilo of filet mignon in Brazil for $7US.

Like I said, my wife was born and raise in Buenos Aires. She eats huge amounts of red meat for every meal. Everytime we have been there huge steaks are very cheap. Unlike America, Argentines eat a much more fatty cut of meat. I always order the filete de lomo (lean cut) because I just can't eat that fatty asado shit.

Anyway, you don't have to convence me that eating meats is healty and very good for us. Being from Texas, I know well how much beef pepople consume here and how many very large cattle ranches are here. We have very good steak houses all over the city. Its just expensice and ruling a lot of people out of he market.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
According to the World Population Review: " Today, Argentina eats the most beef and veal, about 39.9 kilograms per person every year. The 27 countries of the European Union and China eat the most pork, about 35.5 and 30.4 kilograms per capita, respectively. Israel eats the most poultry, at 64.9 kilograms per capita annually. Kazakhstan eats the most sheep, at 8.5 kilograms per person every year. "

Every other chart I have seen show the USA, Australia and Argentina to be the top three meat consumers wich includes all meats. I did see one on the World Atlas they was Argentina - 41.6kg (yr/per capita) Uruguay - 37.9kg, Brazil - 27kg, USA - 24.5kg consume the most beef. I have been to these three S,American countries lots and know well theyeat lots of beef. Mostly because it is very cheap. I bought a kilo of filet mignon in Brazil for $7US.

Like I said, my wife was born and raise in Buenos Aires. She eats huge amounts of red meat for every meal. Everytime we have been there huge steaks are very cheap. Unlike America, Argentines eat a much more fatty cut of meat. I always order the filete de lomo (lean cut) because I just can't eat that fatty asado shit.

Anyway, you don't have to convence me that eating meats is healty and very good for us. Being from Texas, I know well how much beef pepople consume here and how many very large cattle ranches are here. We have very good steak houses all over the city. Its just expensice and ruling a lot of people out of he market.

Additional interest: Ruminant animals appear to have the most healthful benefits. Pork and poultry have more complexities. PUFA’s can have an eventual deleterious impact on health. The fatty acid profile of muscle meat and organs from ruminants are of the greatest benefit.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

We just made a trip from Houston to Freeprt Texas. 1st off all of these crying idiots over population control. We literally drove for 90 minutes and saw nothing but rich farm land and cattle ranches, as far as the eye could see on either side of the road. 1000's of head of cattle as far as you could see. Outside of the major cities in Texas it is like this every where. So much un populated land and so much being raised, Not to mention our everywealthy supply of fish straight out of the Gulf of Mexico. Go from Houston to Mexico and there are some of the biggest ranches in the world. The King Ranch , 128 sq miles. This is an area the size of Rhode Island and is home of 35,000 cattle and over 200 Quarter Horses, One of many just just like it.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
In interest of this thread, I thought I would post my lunch from today.

Of course I did drink a diet coke ;)

Ek6KnaJ.jpg

Are those hot?....This is the second thread tonight with food pics....I was trying not to eat after 7:00, but "forget about it" tonight!...I'm gonna nuke a philly chesse steak samich!!!!.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
In interest of this thread, I thought I would post my lunch from today.

Of course I did drink a diet coke ;)

Ek6KnaJ.jpg

I eat shit like that too — but only as a cheat, and by early afternoon.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I know two vegan chicks that eat crazy healthy but a lot of it and they are both on the cubbier side.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I eat shit like that too — but only as a cheat, and by early afternoon.

That's another one that's been busted...doesn't matter when you eat it. It's cals in vs cals out. How many times do we have to go over this lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic