Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Wrong about diets

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
What possible reason/s do you have for evening wanting to attempt refuting truth?

SPELL CORRECTION: ‘even’ (in place of evening!). Predictive text often sucks on phone.
Sorry.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
109771D4-C218-4040-B1A9-CCBB1435824F.jpeg

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
OMG....sorry testboner, just saw you posted Mercola as a reference. Are you really serious?

That dude is the biggest quack and you just lost all credibility by even referencing him.

There is so much wrong with many parts of this and I give you respect for what you have achieved, but your ideas are archaic and based on pseudo science. Like the carnivore diet and the justifications for such.

Sorry but you just simply have outlasted my resolve, but the deeper this gets the more moronic it goes. It would be one thing if only the people who followed your overly restrictive protocols had success at shedding fat and maintaining a lean composition, but lets get real..... That is not the case.

Of course someone who only chooses to eat like you can do it....but so can a guy who eats icecream every day.

This silliness of semantics....thermic values, glycemic index and even insulin response. NONE of that matters in a deficit.

As an extreme example, take a guy with a tdee of 3000 cal per day.

All he eats is 400g of table sugar and 200g of whey protein and 50g of fat of choice....guess what, he will NOT get fatter. NO way. As a matter of fact he will lose a small amount of weight a week.

Lower the table sugar to 300g and the 200g of whey and 50g of fat, and he will be on a nice path to good fat loss.

All this has just gotten so silly. Much respect to a guy who has done well your whole life and achieved goals (obviously I am not talking about @gunslinger ;) ), but it is not even close to necessary. It is just so filled with quasi-science and things that have long been proven false. People cling to micro concepts and miss the macro (in true sense of the word). They debate the very small exceptions and overlook the overwhelming truly relevant data.

Again, I can say your Newtonian model of the universe is false...but it is good enough to land a man on the moon. If you want to split hairs because the model falls apart at the sub-atomic level....well your right, but it is just a straw argument devoid of real world application....but if it makes you feel better, I will say you are 'right'.

I just finished eating my 2nd icecream cone that I scooped btw. Oh no.....the horror. Look at all the fructose I took in (since I drank about 80g of simple sugars an hour ago). This is just too over the top.

Mercola! HA!!!!

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
OMG....sorry testboner, just saw you posted Mercola as a reference. Are you really serious?

That dude is the biggest quack and you just lost all credibility by even referencing him.

There is so much wrong with many parts of this and I give you respect for what you have achieved, but your ideas are archaic and based on pseudo science. Like the carnivore diet and the justifications for such.

Sorry but you just simply have outlasted my resolve, but the deeper this gets the more moronic it goes. It would be one thing if only the people who followed your overly restrictive protocols had success at shedding fat and maintaining a lean composition, but lets get real..... That is not the case.

Of course someone who only chooses to eat like you can do it....but so can a guy who eats icecream every day.

This silliness of semantics....thermic values, glycemic index and even insulin response. NONE of that matters in a deficit.

As an extreme example, take a guy with a tdee of 3000 cal per day.

All he eats is 400g of table sugar and 200g of whey protein and 50g of fat of choice....guess what, he will NOT get fatter. NO way. As a matter of fact he will lose a small amount of weight a week.

Lower the table sugar to 300g and the 200g of whey and 50g of fat, and he will be on a nice path to good fat loss.

All this has just gotten so silly. Much respect to a guy who has done well your whole life and achieved goals (obviously I am not talking about @gunslinger ;) ), but it is not even close to necessary. It is just so filled with quasi-science and things that have long been proven false. People cling to micro concepts and miss the macro (in true sense of the word). They debate the very small exceptions and overlook the overwhelming truly relevant data.

Again, I can say your Newtonian model of the universe is false...but it is good enough to land a man on the moon. If you want to split hairs because the model falls apart at the sub-atomic level....well your right, but it is just a straw argument devoid of real world application....but if it makes you feel better, I will say you are 'right'.

I just finished eating my 2nd icecream cone that I scooped btw. Oh no.....the horror. Look at all the fructose I took in (since I drank about 80g of simple sugars an hour ago). This is just too over the top.

Mercola! HA!!!!

Had our early ancestors had access to the plethora of shit being consumed today — we wouldn’t have evolved as we did.
Time and time again (an age old feud that won’t end easily) is that we didn’t evolve from being primarily carnivorous, but rather from being primary plant consumers…. or omnivorous.
Carnivore eating nose-to-tail provides all essential nutrients and in their most bioavailable form.
So far as your personal distaste for Mercola — it should be clear that the emphasis for my posting what I did is because of who he’s interviewing; Paul Saladino.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I've done well for myself. I went from 152 to 215 mostly lean mass. 63 pounds of muscle in 20 years, I'm ok with that. Also I'm not a bodybuilder. I'm a Jiu-jitsu instructor. I've more than achieved my goals. I'm 45 years old next month and probably a good bit stronger and in better shape than most men half my age. So keep talking your shit. It has to sting being so wrong and not being able to admit it though...lol

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Had our early ancestors had access to the plethora of shit being consumed today — we wouldn’t have evolved as we did.
Time and time again (an age old feud that won’t end easily) is that we didn’t evolve from being primarily carnivorous, but rather from being primary plant consumers…. or omnivorous.
Carnivore eating nose-to-tail provides all essential nutrients and in their most bioavailable form.
So far as your personal distaste for Mercola — it should be clear that the emphasis for my posting what I did is because of who he’s interviewing; Paul Saladino.

Easiest thing to do is allow one of the most well respected diet and nutrition guys in the field explain it.

Alan's work and his analysis of science (and junk science...yes there are a lot of junk studies out there) really brings to light many of the points of this discussion.

Here is a 45 min video of a presentation he put on as the NSCA. He spends 45 minutes breaking down Paleo diet and claims sugars are 'bad'...

If you are interested, he pretty much debunks (and supports with GOOD research) most of the ideas you are floating here.

If you are interested in seeing it, it is worth a watch. Alan is a SUPER sharp guy and he presents the flexibility of diet and intake but of course promotes overall health. I think you will appreciate this, but it will blow most of your held beliefs out of the water. (but it will give clear scientific support along with it)

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Easiest thing to do is allow one of the most well respected diet and nutrition guys in the field explain it.

Alan's work and his analysis of science (and junk science...yes there are a lot of junk studies out there) really brings to light many of the points of this discussion.

Here is a 45 min video of a presentation he put on as the NSCA. He spends 45 minutes breaking down Paleo diet and claims sugars are 'bad'...

If you are interested, he pretty much debunks (and supports with GOOD research) most of the ideas you are floating here.

If you are interested in seeing it, it is worth a watch. Alan is a SUPER sharp guy and he presents the flexibility of diet and intake but of course promotes overall health. I think you will appreciate this, but it will blow most of your held beliefs out of the water. (but it will give clear scientific support along with it)

I’ll view it. Thank you

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
20 min in on re-watching the vid I posted.

Lots of good info but he pretty much breaks down the false narratives of assumptions of prehistoric human diet. Provides evidence that much of these assumptions are false. AND provides observational AND experimental science to support which in agreement show many of the ideas promoted by these diets are completly false.

Going to watch rest in the morning.

Alan has done a lot of writing on nutrition and I first got exposed to him 11 years ago. Just a pragmatic guy and not agenda driven.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
There is a particularly noteworthy difference between a Palio and Carnivore way of eating. When done strictly, the carnivore way of eating excludes all plant based foods — In it’s truest form, it’s fully animal based. I’ve enjoyed some fruit over the past 3 years as a cheat (for me) food, but no actual full serving of plants, though I’ve had some inconsequential amounts with my occasional cheats of tacos, burritos and burgers. Plants weren’t preferred foods historically, but rather for periods of survival when and where they were in season and where successful animal kills were intermittent.
Is it the ONLY successful way of eating? No, certainly not — but it can be, and increasingly is being recognized as the most basic, allergy free, complete and bioavailable nutrient dense way of eating. It’s other notable strength is that it’s an elimination diet, so countless disorders and diseases are alleviated as a result of the ridding of so many health offenders pitched as “healthy.”
I’ve began listening to the Alan Arogon talk, but will need to finish it tomorrow evening I’ve got to get to sleep.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic