Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Wrong about diets

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I'm telling you what I know works for me after 30 years in this.

If you know so much of what works for you why are you overweight.

Second point....ok, say you let yourself slip a little...I get it. Post up some pics of what you have been able to achieve 'knowing what works for you" and 30 years of effort.

It is one thing to give a guy like Testboner credit as he is legit. Even though I fully believe he could have similar results without his adherence to certain things, I respect that there are many paths to a similar result. Some might say he and I are fairly similar in overall composition, yet we practice VERY different approaches.

Very much in the way I was afraid for years to try IF thinking I would lose all my 'gainz'. Yet here I am now almost 3 years of IF and able to hold mass as good as ever. If you aske me 5 years ago when people were raving about IF, I would have said "it wont work for me" "I need more meals in a day"...etc.

Hang ups and dogma plague many a bodybuilder.

Does not matter if you get your carbs from pop tarts or sweet potatoes...... If cals are equal, fat loss or gain is equal. PERIOD!

Many millions who practice flexible dieting all know this to be true. Your inability to put together coherent thoughts is almost laughable. I can respect Testboner and I think we could have a lot of good conversation. I also believe at certain levels of conditioning, rule change. Timing and Glycemic index and Glycemic Load do become factors. But not for you. If your fat...none of that means anything. Cals are cals and you got fat because you ate too much.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I don't really care about your studies. I'm telling you what I MISTAKENLY THINK works for me after 30 years in this. It's NOT QUITE the same thing Testboner is telling you works for him. But your "studies" seem to me everything to you. There are TWO of us who CLAIM TO fly in the face of your studies. We ARE BOTH wrong.

Fixed it for you.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
If you know so much of what works for you why are you overweight.

Second point....ok, say you let yourself slip a little...I get it. Post up some pics of what you have been able to achieve 'knowing what works for you" and 30 years of effort.

It is one thing to give a guy like Testboner credit as he is legit. Even though I fully believe he could have similar results without his adherence to certain things, I respect that there are many paths to a similar result. Some might say he and I are fairly similar in overall composition, yet we practice VERY different approaches.

Very much in the way I was afraid for years to try IF thinking I would lose all my 'gainz'. Yet here I am now almost 3 years of IF and able to hold mass as good as ever. If you aske me 5 years ago when people were raving about IF, I would have said "it wont work for me" "I need more meals in a day"...etc.

Hang ups and dogma plague many a bodybuilder.

Does not matter if you get your carbs from pop tarts or sweet potatoes...... If cals are equal, fat loss or gain is equal. PERIOD!

Many millions who practice flexible dieting all know this to be true. Your inability to put together coherent thoughts is almost laughable. I can respect Testboner and I think we could have a lot of good conversation. I also believe at certain levels of conditioning, rule change. Timing and Glycemic index and Glycemic Load do become factors. But not for you. If your fat...none of that means anything. Cals are cals and you got fat because you ate too much.

And there it is! Testboner agrees with me and because he is lean AF you can't say shit. All you can do is attack me personally and not the info that directly contradicts you bullshit!

Your inability to put together coherent thoughts is almost laughable. I can respect Testboner and I think we could have a lot of good conversation.

My thoughts are very coherent, they just contradict the foolish shit you are spouting. Again testboner proves my point time and again and you got nothing. Oh you respect him because he is lean...lol. He still blows all your rambling bullshit right out of the water. I don't care what you think about me. I'm not here to impress you. You say stupid shit and I called you on it. As did others, boner included. Your ideas and theories have been shot down.

Now kindly go fuck yourself.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
And there it is! Testboner agrees with me and because he is lean AF you can't say shit. All you can do is attack me personally and not the info that directly contradicts you bullshit!

Your views are too myopic to see the 'big picture'.

If you even took a moment to understand you would clearly see the false logic in your thinking. I posted pics of me as lean as Testboner, and I practice NONE of the restrictions you are claiming are necessary. I also am very conservative with external compounds and I dont take any agents which assist in fat dropping (I have no idea what others do, but just adding that) I also posted pics of guys who have taken it further to prove the point. (like the fried chicken and donut guy).

Of course a guy who adheres to very spartan protocols can be lean. That is the EXPECTED. MY point, is it really doesnt have to be that way. Yet you are dismissing mine, and many others observations that ultra restrictive practices are necessary.

I am not a unicorn and the many thousands who practice flexible dieting have all shows most of your ideas are silly fantasy garbage. Just like avoiding dairy, and fruit. Two old bodybuilding taboos.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I can't believe these two threads are still going on, you are never going to agree. Take the knowledge that was posted and give it a try and see how it works.

I though IF was bullshit until I tried it and now I am a convert.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I can't believe these two threads are still going on, you are never going to agree. Take the knowledge that was posted and give it a try and see how it works.

At least it got some of us posting!

Same here with IF. Going on 3 years now and never going back.

With that said, if I was in the early stages of my training, or still doing calculated surpluses where I was trying to gain weight, I dont think IF would workwell for that.

But for a guy with 5+ years of training, and not much left as far as gains wise, I feel it is an ideal lifestyle without many drawbacks.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

AMEN! I am closing out the Spring semmester and kind of busy but I am laughing my ass off reading this. At least it got people posting! ;)

Oh, a word of warning about medical doctors, especially those who specialize in kidney health. At most medical doctors receive less than 20 hours in nutrition education and most of it is has only clinical reference. Most only have 1 single classs. So be very careful following the adice of a medical doctor when it comes to nutrition. They are only doing this to make extra money off a $20 billion a year industry.

Last edited:
testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
AMEN! I am closing out the Spring semmester and kind of busy but I am laughing my ass off reading this. At least it got people posting! ;)

Oh, a word of warning about medical doctors, especially those who specialize in kidney health. At most medical doctors receive less than 20 hours in nutrition education and most of it is has only clinical reference. Most only have 1 single classs. So be very careful following the adice of a medical doctor when it comes to nutrition. They are only doing this to make extra money off a $20 billion a year industry.

Yeah… Duh. Fung isn’t one of the regurgitate institutional training however. He’s an outlier who devotes himself to nutritional studies and incorporating it for treatment of his patients — real shit that works.
Others along these lines (MD’s) include Shawn Baker, Paul Saladino, and Ken Berry among a slow but growing list.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Oh, a word of warning about medical doctors, especially those who specialize in kidney health. At most medical doctors receive less than 20 hours in nutrition education and most of it is has only clinical reference. Most only have 1 single classs.

Did u view the above one?....If so, he was saying that in the presents of insulin, u can't burn fat...Is this true?....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic