Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

wrist wraps, 12 or 24 inches?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Been using 12's but with a couple of fighter's breaks and some torn ligaments in my thumb in years past, I'm thinking of increasing to 24 inch length.....I only use on working sets and if I don't use something (maybe mental) my wrists ache for a few days where my thumb meets the wrist.

Thoughts?

Don't need anything crazy....thinking schiek or GASP for around 20.00 or so.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I prefer the 12's but all my training partners use the big ole long one's .

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Been using 12's but with a couple of fighter's breaks and some torn ligaments in my thumb in years past, I'm thinking of increasing to 24 inch length.....I only use on working sets and if I don't use something (maybe mental) my wrists ache for a few days where my thumb meets the wrist.

Thoughts?

Don't need anything crazy....thinking schiek or GASP for around 20.00 or so.

You're not a competitive powerlifter so do whatever gets you the most support? You know how to cast your wrist properly? When/If we get together for a bench day I'll show you how. I have three different types of wrist wraps you can try to figure out what works best for you.

Don't know anything about gasp quality. Take a look at inzer true black wraps or elitefts wraps.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
You're not a competitive powerlifter so do whatever gets you the most support? You know how to cast your wrist properly? When/If we get together for a bench day I'll show you how. I have three different types of wrist wraps you can try to figure out what works best for you.

Don't know anything about gasp quality. Take a look at inzer true black wraps or elitefts wraps.

Ya, I don't push stupid weight, it's more for protectionary/injury preventative measures. Even something like military DB's, I'm sore after pushing 80s for my working sets...

I took your advice and went with the inzer belt btw....I'll hold off on buying anything for now til I come up to the north shore....mine smell so bad and have developed mold over the last couple weeks....it's actually deterring a couple lifts on how bad they smell.

I've always come up with the thumb loop inward with about an inch covering the pivotal point over the wrist on to the back of the hand....it comes up to just above the base of my palm....I'll wait til I see ya.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ya, I don't push stupid weight, it's more for protectionary/injury preventative measures. Even something like military DB's, I'm sore after pushing 80s for my working sets...

I took your advice and went with the inzer belt btw....I'll hold off on buying anything for now til I come up to the north shore....mine smell so bad and have developed mold over the last couple weeks....it's actually deterring a couple lifts on how bad they smell.

I've always come up with the thumb loop inward with about an inch covering the pivotal point over the wrist on to the back of the hand....it comes up to just above the base of my palm....I'll wait til I see ya.

Put them in a ziplock and stow away in the freezer. It'll kill that smell.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Lol my knee sleeves are the funkiest ! The freezer trick helps alot

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I've had a couple boxer breaks also uhc I use 12" inzer wrist wraps by ATP. I like them they have helped with my wrists. I have one that bothers me because of a collision when I was playing second.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
They make 18's and that's what I use. 12" isn't enough to really help and 24" imo leaves with a lil to much material. For me 18" is just right.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic