Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Wrist pain

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
The pain started ten days ago, I tried a lot of things but nothing seems to be working: ice, tiger balm, heat, brace ... I guess that working out and typing on that keyboard isn't helping much lol. I have no idea what caused this soreness. Yesterday when doing bis, the pain was really bad ...
dw told me to wrap my wrists and that's what I'm gonna do from now on.

Getraw

Getraw

VIP Member
Feb 6, 2011
I had this same problem about 2 years ago. I know you dont wanna hear it, but rest is really the only fix. I started to have to use wrist wraps on all my pull exercises. It started to crawl up my forearms during seated or standing barbell bi curls. Glutimine helped some, but not much. I guess it goes with the saying no pain no gain, but I do know that pain is annoying.

Much respect,
GR

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
It becomes tendinosis, which sadly there's little actual good treatment for. Rest, ice, and stretching is the best bet to keep it lower pain.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I get this when I aggravate my old high school masturbation injury. Usually I just switch hands for a week or two, and the discomfort subsides....

More seriously, I agree with the recommendation of rest. It's hard to avoid stress on the wrist when moving any weight. Give yourself a couple weeks off of weights, and do extra cardio. Sometimes your CNS will reward you handsomely for the break.

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
LOL@tommyguns :D

I wrapped my wrist the last few days and somehow the worst seems to be over. I didn't see a doc but I will if the pain returns.
I noticed that doing supination exercises (like reverse grip lat pulldowns) makes things worse and that when I rotate my wrist a bit, it's bearable.

N

Neveroutgunned

Feb 9, 2011
wutsup MG, soooo have you ever had shin splints?? that's exactly what you know have in your wrist. it's a serious of smaller than usual hairline fractures. if you don't take time off, it will get worse. its from compression, best way to heal up quick is start doing mobility stretches for your wrist, it will creap down your arm and get worse if not and wraps will temporarly mask it. theirs a natual supp out there called Cissus Quadrangularis. it helps the regeneration of the skeletal system in literally half the time. human trials were 30-50% faster heal time. and it's fairly cheap, I'm not sure who the den recs if anyone but I got my last batch off orbit, months supply for under $25 w shipping. discount code I'd orbit102

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Cissus RX. big fan of the product.

N

Neveroutgunned

Feb 9, 2011
haven't heard of that, where'd you get it how much and what's the potency bro?! the primeforce I get is rated between 20-40%, 100 servings $20 at 1g per serving, I take 4g a day currently and if I can get it cheaper at the same potency I'll be all over it.

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
Time to look for Cissus RX.
I wasn't in any pain the first three days of the week but after doing shoulders yesterday, the pain was pretty bad ..... and now I can barely type.

cmeliftheavy

cmeliftheavy

Jan 29, 2011
Have the same thing, i had cortisone shots in both wrist it relieved the pain for about 4 weeks and then it slowly came back. I now rap my wrest and that helps allot. I also find that rocking DBs like a hammer helps stretch the tendons before hitting the arms hard.

Seabass

Seabass

Feb 19, 2011
I injured my wrist doing overhead presses with an incompetant spotter. To get by I did fewer reps of lower weights, and even took an extended break. When I started back up, lightly, I was shocked to find it still there. Over a year later it was finally better.

Get your rest.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic