Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Would you train in the AM on an empty stomach?

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
Also I'm not doing any cardio just about 45 minutes of weight training. Typically about 16 sets per major body part. (Legs, chest, back and shoulders). Very minimal direct arm training lately.

BlueDevil

BlueDevil

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
I would not, but you have to see if it woks for you on your own. If you did I would definitely save the cardio for post work out so that you deplete your glycogen during the weight training.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
I've been training in the a.m. on an empty stomach for the past 3 months due to my schedule. ( I work a lot of hours).

Preworkout- water, aminos, ibuprofen and caffeine for energy.

Postworkout- protein shake right away.

Results - lost a lot of fat and gained some muscle but I would not recommend it if you are trying to gain serious muscle.

Ive trained in the am all my life..i get up around 3;30 TO 4;00 am..i start my coffie wile im ggeting dressed which only takes me about 2 mins..by then i have enough coffie to pore in m cup..I down a protein shake before i start my coffie and after i train i will eat a protein bar and then breakfast ....dw

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I've been training in the a.m. on an empty stomach for the past 3 months due to my schedule. ( I work a lot of hours).

Preworkout- water, aminos, ibuprofen and caffeine for energy.

Postworkout- protein shake right away.

Results - lost a lot of fat and gained some muscle but I would not recommend it if you are trying to gain serious muscle.

Had to do it for a while- sucks comparatively with a fully fueled workout but sure beats no work out!!!!! Lost fat...

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I recommend people who are trying to lose fat to train in the am on an empty stomach, doing the same thing in the pm (cardio before bed) is just as effective. When getting ready for a show, I always did cardio 1st thing in the am and the last thing prior to bed.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
I'd get something into my stomach first thing in the AM...working out on an empty stomach would be pretty nasty, but if you are after losing fat then why not?

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
cardio yes, weight training hell no, just my personal opinion, I have hard enough time training in the morning WITH food.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic