Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

would someone tell my wife testosterone ISNT bad for me? goddam uniformed press.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
hey guys! oldschool here, i just wanted to get some points of view on testosterone for my wife, im not whipped but id like to make this easy as possible, however the documentary ''the mans who's arms exploded'' are stuck in her mind. ive pinned before, she knows of this, i am 44 now and have tried the trt way for test replacement. way too expensive, no responds, my doc is in the 'you fall within range' mantra.shes ok with it, barely. i hope im on the right discussion board, sorry if my question is not. any help for a bro of iron?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
TRT is a known enhancer of one's quality of life. Doctors make it more complicated than needed due to their ignorance. TRT clinics make it ridiculously expensive... because they can. They aren't giving you much more, if anything, than you can give yourself. Instead of some sensationalistic documentary, why not put together some research of the risks/rewards and go over it with her?

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
agree give her the rest of the info !

trt is safe imo, and I have used some test personally and been fine! Has she gone through menopause ? Has she looked into BHRT ?

BlueDevil

BlueDevil

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
^That... sit her down and show here real evidence and research. Explain to her why you want to be on TRT and how it will help the quality of life for both of you. Find out exactly what her issues are with AAS and address them one by one, but not in an argumentative way, just be informative.

My wife is well aware of my AAS use. She doesn't know my exact protocols or stacks but she knows what I'm doing and I will openly discuss things with her on one condition, she can't judge me and she must trust that I wouldn't put anything in my body that could potentially take me away from her or our kids prematurely. She understands that I have been doing this for a while and that I have done my research and it is not just some impulsive decision. She would rather I didn't use gear but she does accept it.

Just try to have an open conversation with her and address her concerns.

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
that is a tough job, she has heard all the negative reports from the media and it is hard to ignore. My wife was same way but she finally came around. Bryant Gumbel had a documentary on ESPN several years ago that was excellent and explained everything, from use to abuse. I think it is on youtube.
Good Luck

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Dr prescribed trt isn't bad for you. blind self dosing can be. get blood work done. keep your numbers in the healthy range and there is nothing for your wife to be concerned with.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Oldschool, I don't know if this will help or hinder your interest in providing evidence about trt being "beneficial" to mens health up in age. I'm also 44 1/2 and I've used test since I was 18yrs old.
But anyhow, KEvin Levrone is now involved with a medical clinic that promotes trt. This is a video of the doctor answering some questions and also describes a bit of the positive health aspects.
Healthy test levels are VITAL VITAL to males especially as we age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HSJgGh2yqY&feature=player_embedded

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Replacement decreases cardiac and diabetes risk, adds muscle mass, which is metabolic currency, and protects against osteoporosis. These are just a few of the benefits. It also elevates mood, enhances confidence and makes you intereste4d in your mate like you were 15 years ago. all these things benefit you and your health and as a side product benefit her. The healthier and happier you are the healthier and happier she will be.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I agree "bigger stronger faster" wouldnt be a bad idea. Invite her to join The Den, let her look around, make some friends and ask all the questions she wants. sometimes they need to hear it from someone other than you. My wife on the other hand doesnt even like me taking OTCs so there is no hope in convincing her.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Find a dike for a Dr. and just get a script.Dont except your current Dr,s knowledge,,thats the trenny way of taking care of yourself.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
thanks guys! all great advice! just needed a little help and looks like i found it. :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic