Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Workout partner

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I have had my own little setup for about 20 years now. During that time, I get the occasional buddy that decides he needs to start working out. Seems working out is a postrequisite of a divorce.

Recently, my best friend who once had the gym with me and a dozen other guys decided he needed to get back in shape. He and I split the gym equipment when the one place dissolved so he is not without equipment. What he doesn't have is anything cardio so he asked if he could use my elliptical. It's been a few weeks now and only 3x/wk for about an hr but damn if I can get use to having someone in the gym with me.

I'd take a bullet for this man and I know it sounds terrible but I hope this doesn't go on much longer. It's just the gym was my sanctuary, the place I could be left alone after a days work. I would never tell this man he couldn't use my gym but I'm struggling with the way I feel about not only sharing my gym but personal alone time doing something I enjoy.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Don't feel bad at all as I would feel the same as you do. Working out is my time and I don't want to talk and BS with anyone. He'll either get the hint that you don't want people around while working out or he'll leave on his own... it likely won't take too much longer either. Good luck.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
damn man that sucks. I love lifting by myself in my zone. I get guys at the gym asking if we can get a workout in together and I'm like nah man haha

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Haha!....Thought I was becoming anti-social.......I feel the same way!....Maybe we are just a bunch of old fuddy duddy's?....I try to get to the gym when ONLY the gym worker is there...But by jove, as soon as I walk in, within 10min's it packed!...:mad:....I will even go at 5:00am and yet, bam, here they come!....

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I love lifting by myself in my zone.

You hit it CTJ! I get my mug of coffee when I get home, go out into to gym and get locked in that ZONE. I guess that's what's throwing me off with this new situation.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I can work out with or without partner. Both have the have the same goal or work ethic otherwise, just like any relationships, will go south quickly. Right now my work out buddy decided he needs to help out his military brothers children; he says he misses working out and I told him I never stopped; he just chose to become the teacher. Some people have too much ego to think they need to learn something worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic