Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Workout before or after work?

S

simonjpa

Sep 10, 2010
Just wondering. When do the guys hit the gym. Lately I have been trying to go after work. My day is from 8 till 6ish of tiring shit. Mainly using my brain with some strenous heat. I am fucking beat after the day. I end up popping some hot rocks and heading to the crowded after work crowd..it blows. Any of you guys do the early thing??

I also cant get to amped up because I have patience with co-workers.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
i hit the gym whenever i feel i have the most energy to give it my all.... which is like 9:30 p.m LOL

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i used to always go after work and it did suck. it was certainly better than not going but energy was low and the people pissed me off. :) a year ago i switched to going at lunch. i dont have much time so i keep my workouts simple but it is so much better! i feel better, my afternoon goes better, everything is better.

havent gone in the early morning since undergrad and i never cared for it even though i am a morning person. probably just a state of mind. maybe one of these days when the monchers are older and i dont have to be there to get them ready in the morning i will try the before workout.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
morning,its the most important thing I do and that way I never miss it or run out of time..life begins after the workout..if its after 6 30 am I'm running late

Rancor418

Rancor418

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2011
I work out after work. I'm not a morning person and tried the AM but I don't have anything near what I do between 5:30-6:30. My energy is much higher and I can focus better in the evening.

My son also goes to after care so he is playing basketball and running around while I work out. Also my gym is small and is very close to my house (3 min) so its on the way home and I have no excuse to miss.

Last edited:
HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
before work here. of course i work overnights but its very important to me to work out on a "full tank" so to speak. after work (and especially after a 12 hour shift) i am dead to the world and just go to sleep. i wouldnt have the energy to work out if i wanted to at that point.
when i worked days, i experimented with both but still found that i got a better workout with more energy in the morning before work rather than after. probably depends what you do all day for a living too. i was a construction worker most of my life so that explains the lack of energy after work...

mountain monster

mountain monster

Dec 16, 2011
I work 12 hour shifts to and never know if its gonna be a hard day or not, so its best for me to go before work. At first I wasn't much for the idea,but after I got used to getting up and getting to is it works out much better! I feel great at work and sleep great at night now. After work gym time always leaves me wired or restless til late night.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I used to only be able to workout late, and that led to me never getting solid sleep, great workouts but bad sleeping is a bad combo. I try everything I can to get it in during the day, kinda have a flexible schedule during the day I can stay a little longer at work to make up for the length of the workouts and with the latest Sheiko evolution going 3 hrs at a time LOL... Much better sleep and recovery and growth.

Fish77

Fish77

VIP Member
Dec 24, 2010
Mornings. A few past gyms have given me the keys to unlock when I get there. Early crowds seems more polite and less talkative. Been doing it so long I get up at 4 on my days off out of habit.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I did the morning thing for years and I was able to be very consistent. However, due to the fact I work outside in the elements, I switched so I could get more time in the morning on the job. Now, I enjoy the after work, but I control my hours to some degree.

Hawk

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
def before work like hours before work,,,,When u live a dull non-exciteing life like myself and is happy with it its very easy to get to bed for 9pm and wake up at 3 to 3;30am and start training at 4am...i thorw on my non washed lifting gear ....smells like sweat....then pour a cup of black coffie and walk out my back door and heaven is there ....turn on some sound and bang away...still dark outside and the only source of lite is the street lite...train as long as i feel like it.nice rusty weights...nice pissed on plates where i mark my spot.Yes all men are dogs.The same routine now for as long as i can rememeber..ive lost track of time.REALLY.one thing is for sure its my church and safe haven...its my favorite part of the day...i trully feel im a product of my old beat up rusty home gym...To others it look like trash or shit maybe worst then trash but to me its a part of my life that sits out there....and the best thing gravity is much stronger outside then training inside..its something that u cant explain but ive had many people tell me that my pig iron feels much heaver then any other weights they picked up....dw

F

FitnessFreek

Dec 11, 2011
I always hit the gym before work/college. That is when I feel i have the most energy to expend.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic