Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Work related neck pain

P

PeterDonaldson

May 27, 2019
Hi guys,
I work at the computer for about 8-10 hours a day and sometimes even more at the same desk. I find that my neck gets pretty sore and tired fairly quickly. I suppose that the chair is a source of my problems. I changed matterless a month ago and it's better but still, feel some pain in my neck. I usually start to get a headache as well. I do exercises every hour but it doesn't help too much. I do exercise every hour but it doesn't help too much. My current chair doesn't have adjustment and that's why my neck is in an unnatural position.
Does anyone else experience this and if so, any suggestions to make a more comfortable sitting/working position?
Anyone could recommend me a good chair for work?

I do have a spinal condition with curving and degeneration. Should I consider treatment with physiotherapy in Etobicoke or massage therapy is enough?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
If you can't adjust your chair adjust your monitor

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I suggest talking to EH regarding a ergonomically upgraded work station. Communicate your symptoms in email for the record.

M

musto

Oct 14, 2018
I have not been in the same situation but you may want to look into this. I have the first one in my home and while I don't sit on it the whole day, it is comfortable whenever I get the chance. You may benefit from an option with more ergonomic features though.

Last edited by a moderator:
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
The company you work with should have someone they use for ergonomics and can study how you work and provide improvements and solutions so you don’t have pain.

T

TODAY

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
Have you tried tucking your chin and retracting your neck?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic