Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Womens Weight lifting Belt

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Goldy sorry bro when she needs one get onr of those inzer ones they are more form fitting . I didnt mean to carry on but you brought the trainer up. Regardless its really important . Does he train her in person? That seriously is a concern for your most important person your wife . Thats what you are payin for and far more important than a belt. Bodybuilder or not they should be teaching form. Im pointing that out cuz you seem cool not to harass you. Sorry if i did not convey that sentiment

No worries ketsugo, no need to apologize, you seem very knowledgable. I train her in person, she is my workout partner. I pay JM for her diet mostly, i didnt pay for a workout package. He just helps out if she\I ask.... Just cant get her to squat right. dont want her to hurt herself in the process. i am not putting much weight on till she gets this down. every other lift has perfect form.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
is it possibly the LACK of weight that is her problem? i know i cant squat for shit if i have too light of a weight on the bar.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
No, def not, i thought about that. when she is at her max weight i let her go which isnt much, that is when it gets real shitty. with just the bar, she is a champ for the most part lol. def not sticking her ass back far enough. hard to correct someone as their squatting..... I tired to grab her for a squat spot and it made her giggle :(

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
hmmm.... i dont which style of squat you are teaching her but where does she break first? hips or knees? i had ALOT of trouble when learrning to squat because i wanted to break with my knees first ALL the time. i still have to remind myself to break at the hips first. ir made squatting very odd looking when the weight got heavy. i would end up doing a goodmorning out of the hole. same with her?

lol at her giggling when you went to spot her. my wife was the same way except she was naturally a better squatter than me. she refuses to wear a belt too.... although she isnt going with any max type weight so i let her slide :D

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Goldy what is her problem on the squat.i am hoping ATW will pitch in on this when you answer. We have noticed a difference a bit on form between men and women.Is it a normal or box squat also.

My honest thoughts on belts.I dont care if anyone or everyone agrees or disagrees with me LOL.

I lifted for 7 years without a belt.In that time my dl went over 400 and my squat over 300.I do not use a belt for anything but squatting and heavy Yoke runs.

My lifts got to the point ,for MY body,that I felt it was time to use one.Now ...... I still havent been able to implement nor feel the need for a belt on DL,I am fat and short torso'd .When I put the belt on it slowly get pushed up and before you know it my chest is in my face.It pisses me off to DL with one on.
For squatting it feels right.Chances are I just havent figured it out how to DL with it on .Nor do I care to at this point.I will crest over the 500 deadlift without a belt.
I cant wear it for pressing.I see no reason too.My training partners will disagree with me though.
I am currently using a lever belt.I had to work up to this though and started with Svend Karlsens Valeo belt (it has magic juju and I am inclined to easily put it on).
So I feel it comes down to preference of a lifter.
You will have people screaming that a belt is neccessary for lifts.My opinion is it depends on the person.I feel I have started getting to the point my lifts require a belt.As 400g said though I only wear it in the heavier sets.

Now ask me about chalk use and your gonna get a book from me.I have chalked to squat before ;)

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Well Im a guy but I've been using a 13mm inzer lever belt for the last couple weeks and love it... Just using it on the heavy sets of squats.... They do have them in pink I believe.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Let me ask you one more thing- This is anther HUGE HUGE issue- Why did you have to take a you tube for her trainer?? Is he not standing there while she squats?? He should be standing there and advising her on form in PERSON should be part of the personl training....I dont understand?

No shit I was wondering the same thing obviously she's not actually getting trained by him.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic