Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

Womens physique

F

FBBFan

Apr 17, 2013
I think WPD is just another act from from the feds to abandone FBB. Sad but true.
But i hope i am wrong .... i beeeg

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I think the "problem class" is figure. It seems that the amateur figure girls are a bit softer. Generally the figure girls that are turning pro are much harder. Then as we reach the higher levels of competition such as the Arnold or Olympia, the girls seem to soften up a bit. Thus the problem is when figure girls go hard to turn pro. The look is very similar to physique.

The bigger issue is that the "look" of each class is so fluid, that I fully expect WPD to start trending towards bigger & harder - not as big as FBB, but certainly Juliana Malacarne trends towards fuller muscle than the first couple pro competitions of last year. And since IMO the "soft" look is relatively easy to accomplish - basically prep for a BB show, and then start eating pizzas at 3 weeks out - so as it continues, it is going to get more competitive as ladies like Juliana start showing up. In that respect, a softer Figure look just might find a stronger place relative to WPD. The girls who fit better into WPD are the ones who were getting dinged in the Figure ranks for being too hard, when IMO they were just looking more like Figure circa 2005.

The problem in trying to guess what each category looks like is that it differs so much show to show, region to region, as well. I would like to see more and enforced consistency across categories and also from amateur to pro as well.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Yes, I would hope that having one person win figure AND physique would be done with, with two different sets of criteria they should never win both...hence my original gripe. I suppose in smaller shows it could still be an issue, just because there are less competitors, but in the large shows it should never happen.

A

Alex4455

Apr 23, 2013
Two different physic for two different divisions.womens physique is totally different as compare to male.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic