Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Women and TRT???

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
Anybody have any real world experience with their wife/girlfriend on TRT?
Just wondering what to expect; especially in the "mood" department.
I believe at this point it will just be low dose cream/gel she'll be getting from a compounding pharmacy.
Thanks in advance for any input...

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Only woman on trt I know is Jenner. You can shoot her a pm.

L

Low toko

Apr 28, 2012
My wife has done it, and I know of 5 other people who have done the Gel/cream. The biggest concern is the transmissions to kids. In ALL cases, even while being cautious all the kids experienced body hair growth which was followed up with blood test that concluded the children had high -t. No major issues happened, it was a short term experience and all symptoms went away.

For my wife, mood changed. Definitely more aggressive. Energy levels went up as did weight gain. She discontinued the cycle because she couldn’t deal with the excess weight (5-7 lbs). My wife is a scale person, any increase mentally destroys her.

She is going to try taking DHEA next which is s pre-curser to testosterone.

I believe at this point it will just be low dose cream/gel she'll be getting from a compounding pharmacy.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

Most likely she was prescribed 5-10mg/day if it is a 1% testosterone cream. She should be in a better mood and enjoy sex more. If not the dose will need to be adjusted. My wife does 10mg or t enenthate/wk and does very well.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
Was just reading about this on a FB group I belong too. Some very interesting points were made including test being only part of a woma's trt protocol. Estrogen/progesterone are also important for libido/well being. Apparently women's trt is a bit more complex then men's.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
My wife has been on 10mg of Test EOW for over 10 years. She does cycle now and again. The only other thing she adds is 200mg of Progesterone ed, at night. It helps her sleep and she is in a lot better mood overall since we added this several several years ago.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I recently took my wife off Primo 50mg/wk and transition with Prop (25mg Sun/Wed for 50mg wk.) to Cypionate at 50mg/wk. The only thing that changed is more sex drive and slightly more strength. My wife's 41 and I'm just about 49and we are still spontaneously fucking 4 x week after 20yrs together. I'll take a little more "alpha attitude" for the sex drive alone.

The Primo HRT was more subtle but she put on some very good size over the year she was on. Slightly increased facial and body hair growth and clitoris grew enough to notice but it isn't some tiny ween now lol. My wife is a bodybuilder and isn't every man's "cup of tea anymore" but I have a few soccer moms running 25mg/wk who report same positives (to a lesser extent) with NO negatives.

The real demon to fear is excess estrogen. When we weened off Primo Enth and started the Prop there was no issues until about 10days in. Primo doesn't aromatize so there was essentially zero estrogen increase. The Test made her "moodier" when compared to Primo but no more than a few arguments (in addition to the usual parent fights). She got initially hornier and then leveled off in a week.

She stated taking 250mg of DIM @ 8am/10pm and it's all good at week 3. All in all we both agree that HRT was a great addition to her overall health and wellness.

My wife also has MS. After being misdiagnosed at 20yrs old as Optic Neuritis, it was confirmed via MRI as MS in 2018 @ 40yrs old. She has trained and used gear since 2011 and went on HRT at 39. Despite having the "Spinal Cord and Brain Plaques" of a person who shouldn't even be able to walk anymore, she trains 4days per week and works 3x12hrs/wk as an OR Nurse. Her Neurologist is a friend and I've known him for 10yrs (he was a resident when I was a new RN). He actually credits the training, hypertrophy and CNS stimulation of Bodybuilding for her miraculous level of function for the amount of disease progression. He knows about the HGH (2ius/bedtime 7days/wk) and the Primo/Test and despite his reservations has confided that "whatever you're doing is working...don't stop".

Bottom Line: Don't be afraid of Testosterone therapy, managed well, in women.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Mike, so you think the Cyp route is better than the primo?? My wife has been doing cyp this whole time other than when she cycles with EQ or Primo. She only takes 20mg eow now, when she was doing 20mg ew here test levels were way over 400. The doc that does our blood work recommended she cut it back to eow.

She has gotten a deeper voice. more body hair (not bad) but due to some very bad bad advice years ago from Pinnacle over at Steroid.cum she has a very large clit which is fine with me. We don't want it to get any bigger or she'll be bigger than me hahaha.

your wife is on 50mg a week. Where are her levels at? Seems like that would be through the roof.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Mike, so you think the Cyp route is better than the primo?? My wife has been doing cyp this whole time other than when she cycles with EQ or Primo. She only takes 20mg eow now, when she was doing 20mg ew here test levels were way over 400. The doc that does our blood work recommended she cut it back to eow.

She has gotten a deeper voice. more body hair (not bad) but due to some very bad bad advice years ago from Pinnacle over at Steroid.cum she has a very large clit which is fine with me. We don't want it to get any bigger or she'll be bigger than me hahaha.

your wife is on 50mg a week. Where are her levels at? Seems like that would be through the roof.

My wife does the 10mg of test enanthate a week plus she loves the Primobolin E. She does about 100mg/wk. She feels much more alive and much stronger in the gym with the Primo.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I should have clarified the 50mg/Cyp per week is her cycle for 6wks(or longer if tolerable.) Her TRT dose is/was/will be 25mg/wk after the cycle is complete. My wife is a "bigger girl ;) So she handles a few more mgs than a cardio bunny. She's 5' 140lbs in this most recent pic.
Body K19.jpg

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
MikeRN your wife looks great!!!!!

My wife is 5'2" 127# this morning and she's almost 51 years old. Not the best pic but she carries a bit of muscle but NOT a BB'er. She benches around 175 (working weight).
tfd.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic