Kiddorism
What's New?

With whom do you train?

Who do you prefer training with

• Regular gym partner

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Different people different times

• Spouse (wife, husband, gf, bf, pet...)

• Solo unless you need to ask someone for spot

• Completely solo

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
With whom do you train? Do they push you or you them? It's an interesting dynamic.
GettyImages-476814931-56b04e175f9b58b7d02276ab.jpg

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have a coach who trains me three days a week and on Saturdays I train with him on our strongman team, usually 4 to 6 of us train at the same time with 3 of us training the same event together.

Push50

Push50

Dec 12, 2013
I have a home gym so usually I train with my wife. It’s great unlit the test levels go through the roof. Then sometimes training gets shorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Never had a training partner. Workout in home gym. Wife lifts, but at a different hour. I'd get annoyed with a sidekick.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Absolutely no one! I’ve found you can’t rely on people to be on time or even show up. Just easier for me to do my own thing when I’m ready to go.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I could never get training partners to do the sets I do. For instance, I will sometimes do 10-12 sets of pull downs followed by 5-8 sets of rows on back day. Heavy, too. Most guys I attempted to train with were good for 3-5 sets. Maybe they could do more sets like me, but they didn't seem interested in it. I only hit each muscle group once a week, so I like to completely toast the muscle when I'm lifting.

And then there are the guys who like different splits. I do a 4 day split: Leg day. Chest and tris day. Back and biceps day. Delts and traps day. Over the years only my retired cop buddy lifts the same split as me. But he works part time at the gun range and I work nights.

Then there are the guys stuck at half the weight I lift. It's a pain to keep unloading the machine and reloading it. Especially on legs. Although now with a torn hamstring legs won't be happening for a while.

It's just better for me to lift alone.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Started out in the high school weight room lifting with my football team.

After college I trained with a big juicehead who showed me a lot of things I didn't know about gear, and some bodybuilding training stuff. We trained hard together for a few years in my early 20s, and he was also my supplier for my gear. Then he scammed me out of $350 for gear....so I banged his fiance. We stopped training together after that lol.

Used to train with a powerlifting team and it was the most fun I've ever had training, and the best gains over those years. Having a team with the right atmosphere to push you, and everyone working towards the same goals was the best. I also come from a team sports background so I naturally gravitate to that kind of training atmosphere. Uphill Climb and POB were there and can vouch for the great times and gains we had.

Then my kids started getting older and life started getting in the way, and I built a home gym. I've trained alone there since then. I still get my work in, but it's not the same imo. I really do tip my cap to the guys who can train alone and really really push themselves. I know I still train harder then most, but I've always done better in a group type atmosphere - as long as your training partners have the same mindset as you do.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I used to go religiously with my cousin every day until I got married, then tried to keep that going and it failed. Tried to train with my wife, someone should have kicked me in the dick before I even tried that one.
Have a small garage gym now and my son is old enough to start training light so he's my new buddy (when he's off the Xbox that is)

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
99% of the time I train alone, and have for years. I prefer it that way most of the time. Especially with my work schedule. It can be a little sporadic. I definitely don’t like planning my time around other peoples schedules to train. I literally have 4 gym memberships, two gyms I utilize free, just for that reason. However, the girl I have been with for a while is a runner and I’ve got her into adding some resistance stuff to her regimen. We have been going together a lot recently, but doing our own things and not working out together. I absolutely love it. I’ve never had something like that and it has been great. I’ve never even been with someone that supports my gym lifestyle. I do get a workout in with a friend or co worker when I can. A lot of people in my work field, do CrossFit, and I’m not about that life.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I used to go religiously with my cousin every day until I got married, then tried to keep that going and it failed. Tried to train with my wife, someone should have kicked me in the dick before I even tried that one.
Have a small garage gym now and my son is old enough to start training light so he's my new buddy (when he's off the Xbox that is)

That’s awesome about your son. How is he liking it so far and doing?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic