Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Will blue Berries make your Poop black

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
So I have been eating blue berries most every morning with breakfast, This week I noticed my Shits seem to be a little off colored. I was worried it was blood for a second, then noticed its like a dark green almost black. The I thought I was starting to get sick or have like a stomach flue or something…

So who has had the funny looking shits, and why did it happen..

Thanks

OMS

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Blue berries are like corn, dont break down much in the gut

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
If you think about the pigments in berries reacting with your yellow stomach acid it's going to cause a different color of your poop. It's the same thing if you drink some red wine. You will have different color poop the next day.

I put berries in my shake and have different color poop. Probably more green-brown lol.....

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
If you think about the pigments in berries reacting with your yellow stomach acid it's going to cause a different color of your poop. It's the same thing if you drink some red wine. You will have different color poop the next day.

I put berries in my shake and have different color poop. Probably more green-brown lol.....

U have a visual to share?

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
We need to post pictures of the colorful poop, just to take this one over the top… lol

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Yes, blueberries often turn poop black.
If you notice any blood along with your Mr. Hanky black turd, then it “could” be symptomatic of an ulcer.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Interesting thread

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
hmmmm. I eat about a pound of wild blueberries per week. I've never noticed dark poop. About the only food I've eaten that influences color much is when I eat a ton of beets.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic