Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

will a massage help muscle growth or stop it?

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
will a massage help muscle growth or stop it?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I get a deep tissue massage monthly... Brings in blood and nutrients, works out the knots, keeps you loose and moving, prevents injury the list of positives goes on and on and on. DO EEEET

Shovel

Shovel

Oct 21, 2010
Helps break up scar tissue also. ;)

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
This is a question that only takes one thing to answer. Common Sense.

Mrs.V.

Mrs.V.

TID Lady Member
May 29, 2011
What can regular massage therapy do for those of us dedicated to living a fitness lifestyle...In my opinion...Massage therapy is much more than a luxury...Also in my opinion, it should be regarded as part and parcel of your dedication to living a healthy life...Research shows that regular massage therapy improves range of motion...Reduces recovery time...Increases muscle tone...And increases flexibility...

Since a massage acts as an "auxiliary heart" by increasing circulation, it facilitates the elimination of toxins and other metabolic wastes generated as a byproduct of resistance training...Also, massage therapy reduces the time that it takes the body to heal an injury as well...

Personally, I think investing in regular massage therapy sessions will ensure that all bodily systems function at an optimal level...And, for those of us dedicated to our training sessions in the gym, regular massage therapy will enhance performance...Maximize gains...And reduce your risk for injury...

Regular massage therapy is much more than a mere luxury or a whimsical extravagance...It is an investment; an investment in yourself...And in your health...

QUOTED FROM A MASSAGE THERAPIST...Lisa Sutton
"An unbelievable case in point is one of my personal training clients. During an incline dumbbell press, she over-extended her shoulder. Not only did the weights come crashing to the ground, worse yet, when she got up off of the bench, she literally could not move her arm. Soreness and pain in her shoulder arrived the very next day putting her training on hold indefinitely.

When she phoned me and explained the injury, I surmised that she probably overextended the connective tissue in her shoulder, causing trauma to that area. I was absolutely right.

During a session of deep tissue massage I could feel the tightness in the shoulder joint itself, which not only caused pain, but also limited the joint's normal range of motion. By frictioning the connective tissue in that area, I increased circulation, which naturally promotes the healing process.

After only about three sessions over a three-week period, the range of motion at that joint returned to normal and my client returned to the gym and resumed her training without incident. So, I suppose that Hippocrates was right way back in the fifth century B.C. when he said that massage will "loosen a joint that is too tight."

This is why .V. and I try to give one another massages as much as possible...Hard to afford on a weekly basis to go to a massage parlor, for sure, but we both know how to give deep tissue sports massages...Heck, read up on it and teach your significant other how to do it and give them to one another...:)

B

bulkdawg562

Nov 3, 2011
It's seems I recover faster after getting a massage.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I agree with the above posters there are only positives to be gotten from the stimulation of the tissue.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I had to stop doing it as IM on a budget these days, but it made such a difference in how my body felt.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I had to stop doing it as IM on a budget these days, but it made such a difference in how my body felt.

If you aren't able to get massages, you can foam roll and take ice baths. It's also VERY good at speeding up recovery and making a difference in your training. It's also MUCH cheaper.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic