Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Wild game protein

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I bow hunt my own land here in Oklahoma and process them myself. Some years I dont have time but its a fun, tasty and very healthy. I make a lot of summer sausages, Jerky and even have made my own deer bologna before. Great hobby to pass on to your children.
4 good young men I have to take out into the woods, yeah good to pass on.

That's a lot of grinding you're doing. How do you keep the grinder from getting clogged up with the connective tissue? I have a shitty Crap-bella's grinder and have replaced the blades with no luck cutting that stiff. I'm not even trying to grind the lower limbs and it clogs up.

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
4 good young men I have to take out into the woods, yeah good to pass on.

That's a lot of grinding you're doing. How do you keep the grinder from getting clogged up with the connective tissue? I have a shitty Crap-bella's grinder and have replaced the blades with no luck cutting that stiff. I'm not even trying to grind the lower limbs and it clogs up.

I have an lem meat grinder its an industrial grade stainless. If you spend a couple hundred bucks you can get a good one. I cut out as much connective tissue and crap as I can before I grind and if there's any fat I remove it too. If im making something that needs fat ill buy scrap bacon or pork butt roasts to grind and mix with the deer.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
I have an lem meat grinder its an industrial grade stainless. If you spend a couple hundred bucks you can get a good one. I cut out as much connective tissue and crap as I can before I grind and if there's any fat I remove it too. If im making something that needs fat ill buy scrap bacon or pork butt roasts to grind and mix with the deer.

I also have a commercial meat grinder and usually butcher and process game myself when I have time. I bought my grinder from Cabela's but believe its actually made for them by LEM. I went ahead and spent the money and bought a 1 horsepower model which is more power than I need but makes grinding meat fast and easy. I also remove as much fat and connective tissue as I can before grinding. Another thing I do is get the meat really cold even to the point of being partially frozen before grinding which really helps the process.

I took this buck to the processor because I intend to mount the head and this processor has caped out two previous deer mounts for me and did a really good job on both of them. By the time I dragged the deer out, gutted him and loaded him in my truck the day had warmed up and I needed to get him in a cooler before the meat spoiled and didn't have the time to cape him myself.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
..... I also remove as much fat and connective tissue as I can before grinding. Another thing I do is get the meat really cold even to the point of being partially frozen before grinding which really helps the process.

Damn if I didn't think of that! I have a commercial slicer I was gifted that was in an old general store deli. The fuuker must weigh 70 lbs; all cast iron. Anyway, when I chip the back 1/4s, I freeze them half way and it slices much better. Just need to make sure it's not too frozen so it can make the 90° turn into the auger. Thanks for the tip, I hope it works.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic