Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Wife & I Disagree... Who's Right???

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
My wife just got off the treadmill after a 60 minute session. I had surprised her with a 6 egg white/sprinkled cheese omlet. She handed it back to me and said I'm supposed to wait an hour before eating, but thanks. I told her that was wrong! While the omlet was getting cold, I sat at my desktop and she on her laptop and we were racing to find out how long after morning cadrio do you wait until you can eat your first meal of the day. Neither of us could find a good answer. I thought you were supposed to eat within a 5 minutes of finsihing a fasting cardio workout. I read that somewhere many years ago. I've always followed the rule to eat after cardio and take in tons of Protein after training. Who is right? Or better yet what is right and why? Thanks Guys!

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Shit -thats the first thing I do, metabolic rate drops after about 45 min on cardio compared to up to 3 hours post resistance training. Give or take.
Let her starve. Thats more of a weight loss/starvation mentality at work it sounds to me. 60 min of cardio theres alot of evidence you dont really burn a lot more fat after 45 min.
Its a debated topic, but I see no reason not too eat, especially protein which through digestion is going to increase thermic effect and therefore boost basal metabolic rate again.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I would take bcaa's before the treadmill workout so i can protect my muscles from being burned away and post-workout i would have a meal or a shake very high in quality protein such as whey or the omelet you made and some form of simple carbs. At least 50grams of them and at least another 40grams of good quality carbs.

Depleted glycogen is responsible for making one feel weak and frail throughout the day and if it's not replenished immidiately post-workout, the muscles can't fully recover.

You see consumption of high GI carbs post-workout makes the pancreas produce insulin, insulin is the most anabolic hormone there is and it's responsible for pushing protein and other nutrients into muscle cells.

When you don't eat post-workout for a long time like an hour or two and glycogen is depleted by exercise, the pancreas produces glucon which starts to take sugars that are stored into muscles and other cells and this is a really catabolic situation which is very wise to avoid it.

I don't know who is the asshat that told your wife that she must not eat after walking on the treadmill but if he is a personal trainer or something, he should get his licence removed.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Dude, when it comes to women, there is always double standard, you'll never be right, now matter how many why's. Truth be told, after I'm done doing cardio, I don't wait x time to eat, I eat, you want to preserve that precious muscle tissue. Otherwise the longer you wait, the longer it will take your body to break that down and get it to those muscles that need it.

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Eat eat eat

Yes that 6 egg omelet sounds good too!

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
i would be eating. i want to feed the muscles but for a woman are they ever wrong. so in her own mind she is right. when she dont listen to you and blows up like a whale find a new one half the age and with all the looks.
or not just hating on the female lib thing this morning.

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
Depends who you ask. lol
i would say NO cause our lodgic is based on reality of life. and their's is based on soaps and scripped reality TV shows.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I usually get some protein as soon as I can.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I usually get some protein as soon as I can.

i agree, the muscle needs fuel. too many silly myths out there for womens training and losing fat.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I would have nom nommmed the hell out of that omelet!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic