Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Wife & I Disagree... Who's Right???

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Dude, when it comes to women, there is always double standard, you'll never be right, now matter how many why's. Truth be told, after I'm done doing cardio, I don't wait x time to eat, I eat, you want to preserve that precious muscle tissue. Otherwise the longer you wait, the longer it will take your body to break that down and get it to those muscles that need it.

Yeah bro agreed, why even argue with them. When theyre right they are right and when they are wrong they are right. Doesnt fuckin matter lol.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Oh, and you are right because you are the man :) I beat everyone to it, lol

Reactions: KBD
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Gonna agree with eat.What is her reasoning?

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Right or wrong your a good man for thinking of her.

scarl3tbutt3rfly

scarl3tbutt3rfly

TID Lady Member
Feb 25, 2011
I agree with most of these responses, EAT! There is no reason not to eat after fasted cardio. In reality most of the "fat" you supposedly lose during fasted cardio, only happens while you are doing the activity, anything in that hour after without food would be minimal and your body after an hour of cardio is probably already under stress. EAT! Never heard of such a thing as waiting...

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I'm sitting at my desk crying...mourning the death of that uneaten omellete....you will be missed my delicious friend!

K

KB78

Mar 31, 2011
Never heard that rule about exercise. Although everyone's different. Some people get nauseous if they eat right before, or right after. Otherwise, you've just used calories and muscles, feed the body.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
bro, have her eat. not giving your body proper nutrition after training (of any kind) first thing in the morning is silly to say the least.

My wife will not eat until she trains in the morning in order to burn more fat. When she's done we're at the restaurant eating eggs and chicken....etc. She's 5'1" 105lbs and in great shape so that validates her protocol.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Eff it... I err on the side of eating lol

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
The correct answer is eat. Now I'm going to explain why. When you get up in the morning your body is in a catabolic state, and when you do cardio such as walking on a treadmill you are increasing your body's metabolic rate which stays elevated for about an hour following exercise. Catabolic state + higher metabolic rate = burning muscle for fuel because your body is going to shift into starvation mode and try to hold on to its fat stores. What all this means is that the weight she loses doing fasted cardio and then waiting to eat will primarily be muscle tissue which will result in her becoming skinny fat.

As mentioned above in the post by Reinheart, taking BCAA's prior to doing fasted cardio is a very good ideal.

mscldrew

mscldrew

Sep 11, 2010
I always grab something easy to digest immediately after doing cardio.

Starwind

Starwind

Nov 6, 2011
Did you tell her about this thread? How'd she take that you brought her business in to be debated? Haha. Not a single yolk hmmm?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic