Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Wife hates my diet!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I can understand not counting green veggies, but fruit is questionable.

BR1217

BR1217

May 29, 2014
I'm being sincere and adding a bit of humor. ;) Seriously though, I'd hate to read a thread by you in 6 months saying that your wife is leaving you because she thinks you kept calling her fat when all you were trying to do was help her with her diet. You said she is beautiful as is. Remind her of that every day in word and deed, and let her eat your food without saying a word. If she wants your help she will ask for it.

If she likes to run, maybe you should get into running a little? Maybe you asking for her help would inspire and motivate her more to achieve her goals ("hey honey, I would like to start doing more cardio for my heart health, and you've always been into running and cardio so would you help me?")? I'm sure a little cardio wouldn't hurt your goals for gains, and it would be good for your heart. There's other things you could do too like riding bikes, swimming, going for hikes, playing tennis...whatever she might be interested in. If you just aren't a runner, then maybe you could ride a bike with her while she runs? Or just become a runner. :)

Maybe she will start wanting to go to the gym with you then and maybe she will ask for your help on figuring out a diet she can stick to. Not because she needs to lose any weight of course, but because you would do anything for her and you love to make her happy.

Thanks CEO! Very good advice here! This is one area I can certainly improve. I am quick to give her direction on how I would do things but not so good at listening sometimes. I will STFU for a bit and see what happens. :)

And I do remind her daily how beautiful she is! I am a very blessed man!

Last edited:
K

Kenna802

Oct 2, 2013
Just remember that you should not feel guilty about your diet. I know most decent people would not call there spouse fat but if there partner makes them feel guilty so they have someone to blame and become the " victim " than that shit right there doesn't sit right with me. Based on experience that's why some people never achieve there goals because it is always someone else's fault and not there's. The issue is they lack the conviction in themselves. Eg I used to be an alco but I stopped. I been dry a year and a half and guess what? I can go to mates places who drink And not drink. I am not going to use a crappy excuse that my mates are and so am I. I am stronger than that

BR1217

BR1217

May 29, 2014
Just remember that you should not feel guilty about your diet. I know most decent people would not call there spouse fat but if there partner makes them feel guilty so they have someone to blame and become the " victim " than that shit right there doesn't sit right with me. Based on experience that's why some people never achieve there goals because it is always someone else's fault and not there's. The issue is they lack the conviction in themselves. Eg I used to be an alco but I stopped. I been dry a year and a half and guess what? I can go to mates places who drink And not drink. I am not going to use a crappy excuse that my mates are and so am I. I am stronger than that

Congrats on the 1.5 years dry! By the grace of God I have been clean since September 2009.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic