Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Wife hates my diet!

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
If you believe she is "beautiful as is" then you should probably keep your fvckin mouth shut when she starts eating your food so you don't start a fight. That's my best advice...STFU. GICH. :)

Really? He doesn't need to STFU, maybe you do???:) Just sayin

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
If you believe she is "beautiful as is" then you should probably keep your fvckin mouth shut when she starts eating your food so you don't start a fight. That's my best advice...STFU. GICH. :)

LOL...to f*cking funny...Personally I think she's not eating enough calories "She is 35, 5'8", 145lbs, 25%" My wife is 5' 4" and at 125lbs she looks a little on the thin side. Your wife at a 125lbs being 4" taller would look like a string bean. Where are you getting the bodyfat measurements? Have her BF done with calipers. Unless she enjoys running I would definitely have her back in the gym pounding some iron. Makes all the difference in the world. Unless your a sprinter, runners are usually skinny fat people. Just my 2 cents with my wife next to me adding in hers. But serioulsy at her height if she were lifting weights she could eat more calories and look better at her current weight.

K

Kenna802

Oct 2, 2013
Unfortunately if your wife keeps cheating with her diet she won't get the results and ultimately end up being more annoyed at herself and you. It's a shit situation to be in because if was anyone else you could just tell it how it is but since your married and living together your screwed lol.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013

I hope you're being facetious bc OP is just trying to help his wife accomplish HER goals.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Really? He doesn't need to STFU, maybe you do???:) Just sayin

you are right. If he wants to fight and potentially drive a wedge in his marriage, he can carry on.

Just sayin. Remember, she is beautiful as is, and all she hears is him telling her she is fat!

Last edited:
C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
LOL...to f*cking funny...Personally I think she's not eating enough calories "She is 35, 5'8", 145lbs, 25%" My wife is 5' 4" and at 125lbs she looks a little on the thin side. Your wife at a 125lbs being 4" taller would look like a string bean. Where are you getting the bodyfat measurements? Have her BF done with calipers. Unless she enjoys running I would definitely have her back in the gym pounding some iron. Makes all the difference in the world. Unless your a sprinter, runners are usually skinny fat people. Just my 2 cents with my wife next to me adding in hers. But serioulsy at her height if she were lifting weights she could eat more calories and look better at her current weight.

I agree. 5'8" @ 145 sounds fine. Maybe even kinda thin.

Unfortunately if your wife keeps cheating with her diet she won't get the results and ultimately end up being more annoyed at herself and you. It's a shit situation to be in because if was anyone else you could just tell it how it is but since your married and living together your screwed lol.

OR he could just stay quiet and be positive because she's beautiful and on an unnecessary diet. If she wants to lose 10 beautiful, unnecessary pounds she will do it without him reminding her of how she's cheating on her unnecessary diet.

My wife has been complaining and wanting to lose some fat for 3 years now after our last child . Could she afford to lose 10 lbs? Sure, I guess. But like his wife, mine is beautiful as she is, and I mean that sincerely. I think she's sexy even with her little extra tummy pooch. I get turned on by her all the time. Another positive thing is that her butt is a bit bigger than pre-babies, and I am an ass man so I enjoy that benefit as well. :D

I'm not married to the OP and living with him, so I can just tell it how it is.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Why don't you teach her how to weigh and measure her food, and enter it into a food log, so she will know how much she can eat and still be in a Kcal defecit? Then when she "cheats" so long as she eats within her macros (IIFM) then you both win.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I've been had this problem my whole marriage, even when I worked and she stayed at home. I'd ask for specific things for dinner and she'd respond with "I'm not cooking something completely different for you" (what a bitch) so I had to fend for myself. I agree with Jenner... Your wife (as was I and yourself) is responsible for her goal setting, not you. It's selfish for her to get angry with you about what you eat. Let her be mad... She won't be able to seem sane and explain to her friends, "I left him because he ate his maintenance and I ate his maintenance and now I'm fat as ****. He's such an asshole!"

I get it... You genuinely care for her so you're figuring out a way for her to be comfortable while you still accomplish your goals.

I can empathize, but unfortunately I never found the secret to co-existence when the wife's being an ass SMH

BR1217

BR1217

May 29, 2014
LOL...to f*cking funny...Personally I think she's not eating enough calories "She is 35, 5'8", 145lbs, 25%" My wife is 5' 4" and at 125lbs she looks a little on the thin side. Your wife at a 125lbs being 4" taller would look like a string bean. Where are you getting the bodyfat measurements? Have her BF done with calipers. Unless she enjoys running I would definitely have her back in the gym pounding some iron. Makes all the difference in the world. Unless your a sprinter, runners are usually skinny fat people. Just my 2 cents with my wife next to me adding in hers. But serioulsy at her height if she were lifting weights she could eat more calories and look better at her current weight.[/QUOTE

She had her BF% measured using body mass scanner, I think that is the name of it. Our HRT doc uses one in his office. My doc screwed up by telling her what the optimal range for BF and weight were for her age. According to him optimal is <20% BF and 125-130 lbs with 135 being a good start.

Last edited:
BR1217

BR1217

May 29, 2014

This is good advice. I do care and want to help as much as I can. I love my wife unconditionally and she is beautiful just the way she is. I hope you are trying to help with these comments, so I am going to take them that way. I am always positive with any goal my wife has, I would put her goals ahead of mine any and every time. The things that come easy for me do not come easy for her, staying lean while eating crap food. I want to see her succeed above all. I thank all of you for participating in this thread, it appears that I am not the only one with this situation.

BR1217

BR1217

May 29, 2014

She had her metabolic rate checked at the HRT docs and her maintenance caloric intake is 1920, so at 1500 she is at a 420 deficit, is this too much of a deficit? I have calculated her macros and incorporated this into her diet. One weird thing, our HRT doc told her not to count fruit and vegetables against her calorie or carb intake. Does this make any sense?

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
This is good advice. I do care and want to help as much as I can. I love my wife unconditionally and she is beautiful just the way she is. I hope you are trying to help with these comments, so I am going to take them that way. I am always positive with any goal my wife has, I would put her goals ahead of mine any and every time. The things that come easy for me do not come easy for her, staying lean while eating crap food. I want to see her succeed above all. I thank all of you for participating in this thread, it appears that I am not the only one with this situation.

I'm being sincere and adding a bit of humor. ;) Seriously though, I'd hate to read a thread by you in 6 months saying that your wife is leaving you because she thinks you kept calling her fat when all you were trying to do was help her with her diet. You said she is beautiful as is. Remind her of that every day in word and deed, and let her eat your food without saying a word. If she wants your help she will ask for it.

If she likes to run, maybe you should get into running a little? Maybe you asking for her help would inspire and motivate her more to achieve her goals ("hey honey, I would like to start doing more cardio for my heart health, and you've always been into running and cardio so would you help me?")? I'm sure a little cardio wouldn't hurt your goals for gains, and it would be good for your heart. There's other things you could do too like riding bikes, swimming, going for hikes, playing tennis...whatever she might be interested in. If you just aren't a runner, then maybe you could ride a bike with her while she runs? Or just become a runner. :)

Maybe she will start wanting to go to the gym with you then and maybe she will ask for your help on figuring out a diet she can stick to. Not because she needs to lose any weight of course, but because you would do anything for her and you love to make her happy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic