Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Why do Steroids kill endurance

T

TexasAQHA

Sep 16, 2011
I read something that correlated this with the Myostatin blockers...... I probably saved the article, I will look for it when I get home later. Great thread though...

Athletic performance is often accredited to Steroids, but in my opinion this is simply a side effect of that fact that our youth have been all taught that everyone is equal, they ALL get trophies, they ALL are winner etc etc etc... it is hard for this generation to conceptualize the fact that is is possible for an ACE Athlete to simply be good, without some magic pill...............

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
Ben Johnson ran like the wind and was stripped of his gold medal after testing positive for stan/winny....right? He was ripped too. I remember that race. Striations.....full muscle bellies...he was a man among boys that day.
I'm running Tren E 800mg/week along with a pretty stout list of other aas. My cardio is walking to the water fountain between sets. Its perfect.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Ben Johnson ran like the wind and was stripped of his gold medal after testing positive for stan/winny....right? He was ripped too. I remember that race. Striations.....full muscle bellies...he was a man among boys that day.
I'm running Tren E 800mg/week along with a pretty stout list of other aas. My cardio is walking to the water fountain between sets. Its perfect.

No offense friend, but with the amount of gear you are running, it is as important as ever to get some cardio in for cardiovascular health. I'm a decent sized guy, running over a gram per week right now mostly test, and I just put the treadmill on a slight incline and walk for 20-30 minutes 2-3 times per week. This is on top of frequent sex, which without a doubt tests my cardio. What good is being giant if you are a walking heart attack or stroke waiting to happen?

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
No offense friend, but with the amount of gear you are running, it is as important as ever to get some cardio in for cardiovascular health. I'm a decent sized guy, running over a gram per week right now mostly test, and I just put the treadmill on a slight incline and walk for 20-30 minutes 2-3 times per week. This is on top of frequent sex, which without a doubt tests my cardio. What good is being giant if you are a walking heart attack or stroke waiting to happen?

I hear you and thank you for your concern. A wonderful man that I know owns a moving company here in SoCal. The last few weeks I've put in some hours of walking heavy boxes and furniture to and fro. Staying hydrated is my major concern. Desert heat. I've been walking in and out of storage units and just killing it. I keep a nice pace. I love doing this kinda stuff. I wish I could have an IV drip following along next to me. On the days I'm not moving, I'm at the gym hitting body parts that aren't aching to badly. Its really wonderful. I'm taking 100mg/winny ed(I'm on a bunch of other gear as well) and my left elbow is aching a bit. I was having a hard time with the 130's dumbell presses last night. Its not an injury...it just aches too much for me to balance and press with my left arm. I'm certain I could've handled the 150's by myself if my left elbow wasn't so creaky. I managed the 110's for 7 reps by myself but had to have my left arm at the right angle so the ache didn't overwhelm me.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012

I am on a big cycle....I'm curious as to how you know this? Have we made exchanges? Do I know you from somewhere's else? I have posted what I'm running several times. I thank you for chiming in! We're all in this together!

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
My mate runs a mma club and next to the centre is a gym.when he opened it up he had about 40 meat heads wanting to be cage fighters.it was comical whatching these meat heads doing cardio training.by the end of the week all but one stayed.sorry about using the term meat head as i once fell into that category lol.at the end of my training work out I grab the skipping rope and try and do 15 min of it or a few laps in the pool.no use being big and unfit.you want some element of fitness.

Big Cat

Big Cat

RIP
Dec 11, 2011
My mate runs a mma club and next to the centre is a gym.when he opened it up he had about 40 meat heads wanting to be cage fighters.it was comical whatching these meat heads doing cardio training.by the end of the week all but one stayed.sorry about using the term meat head as i once fell into that category lol.at the end of my training work out I grab the skipping rope and try and do 15 min of it or a few laps in the pool.no use being big and unfit.you want some element of fitness.

Its funny that you refer to people as meat heads when you are undermining your own training. Cardio and weightlifting do not mix, and should be performed at different times during the day. The AMPK activation by cardio attenuates the anabolic response of your resistance training.

I read something that correlated this with the Myostatin blockers...... I probably saved the article, I will look for it when I get home later. Great thread though...

Athletic performance is often accredited to Steroids, but in my opinion this is simply a side effect of that fact that our youth have been all taught that everyone is equal, they ALL get trophies, they ALL are winner etc etc etc... it is hard for this generation to conceptualize the fact that is is possible for an ACE Athlete to simply be good, without some magic pill...............

I think you are oversimplifying, it depends on the sport. Sports that depend largely on individual talent and not sustained performance like Soccer, tennis, basketball have considerably less doping users. Its not uncommon to find them, but its usually people looking for a small boost and not trying to get to the next level. In stuff like athletics and especially cycling its actually quite common. People expect records to be broken at a fast pace, and you just can't push the limits of human ability at that pace without external help.

What adamant opposers and plain idiots fail to consider is that neither system affects the competitive nature of the sport, the best athlete will still win, either because in case A the role of the ergogenic is less than the individual talent required, or in case B because everyone else is using as well. The problem lies with the sports in category B, where doping hunters will randomly bust one athlete or another and everyone acts all hypocritical about it. Simply because they are all more or less forced to use to keep up (its their livelihood and a good one at that) but they simply need to hide it better.

Last edited:
D

divino

Jun 24, 2012
I do not know, I have never done steriods and have heard that it does mess with you heart and vital organs since it supplies your muscles with so much blood throughout the physical transformation that it is forming... I think you posted a good question to ask.

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014

Wow paving the way for new idiots of this generation. There is absolutely no reason to run 800mg of tren a week unless I'm replying to Victor Martinez.

tank1978

tank1978

Mar 31, 2014
i get it bad with winny,d.bol,and anavar feels like shin splints ..stick to the bike or x trainer..for me is beter ..

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
My endurance goes up while on. But I stay far away from drugs like tren. Test, EQ, var, Proviron, winny. Never had a problem with any of them.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Winny, EQ, or Anadrol my endurance goes way up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic