Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Why do I only feel my pec minor in chest workouts?

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
The odds that you are only hitting your pec minor are slim. If that were the case, you either need to learn to control your scap during the movement, bring up the strength of your serratus and even your lower traps because your pec minor is overworking.
Changing the angle of your shoulder by changing the adduction/abduction will change the biomechanical angle of the lift allowing you to hit/use different muscles.
Bar path also plays a big role in the activated muscles and the order in which they fire. From your pic, it looks like you are a beginner (not trying to be a dick), so just focus on the bigger compound movement patters, and put the time in. Benching itself is not really a great way to bring up hypertrophy in your pecs in itself, so branch out and focus on maximal volume that your can recover from properly.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Here’s the photo:
e39f0b2d279f70c9de7706f70e94698d.jpg

Flies and dips stimulate it there too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the Pec Major. Where it crosses the GH joint. I'm going to say you pulled something and need to let it rest up. Lots of adhesions build up there.

D

Dan_00ryan

Feb 11, 2020
That's the Pec Major. Where it crosses the GH joint. I'm going to say you pulled something and need to let it rest up. Lots of adhesions build up there.

Wow. Good thing I had the photo.
I don’t think it’s an injury though. It’s like it on both sides and has been the only spot I feel my chest for years (I have been in and out of the gym for 1-2 month increments for the last 3 years.. quitting from frustration of having no mind muscle connection with anywhere).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
How do you palm a 25lb plate? They're around 8-10" in diameter.
I don't I use a five or a ten.I'm kinda weak and old.I also alternate in between other chest movements

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic