What's New?

Why do capped orals give bad heartburn?

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
That sounds miserable!
Did you also have a hiatal hernia?
My mom had one but it was so large they didn’t want to operate on her at her age and condition. She had problems with GERD, indigestion, etc.
That had to be horrible. I hope you are feeling better and have relief from your procedure!
No, never diagnosed with one. I am sure my doc checked as that can be a cause. I do have intermittant probs with GERD but normally if I eat too much or mega spicy food.

Oh it sucked a couple days as I will not take pain meds and the way they fix it is to stick a balloon down your throat and inflate until the ring rips apart. Glad I was asleep for that. Now way better. I will have to have it done every 2-5 years. Before I would eat and food would get stuck in my esophagus and I would have intense pain and start puking up the food that would not go down which made what was in my gut come up too and that HURT!

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
No, never diagnosed with one. I am sure my doc checked as that can be a cause. I do have intermittant probs with GERD but normally if I eat too much or mega spicy food.

Oh it sucked a couple days as I will not take pain meds and the way they fix it is to stick a balloon down your throat and inflate until the ring rips apart. Glad I was asleep for that. Now way better. I will have to have it done every 2-5 years. Before I would eat and food would get stuck in my esophagus and I would have intense pain and start puking up the food that would not go down which made what was in my gut come up too and that HURT!
OMG you have to get it done that often ? And no permanent fix?
I hope I don’t get that. Damn!

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Omeprazole works great but it takes a little while to build up. Take it ed and it works well!
I have used liquid, caps and tabs and only ever had a problem with one sources dbol caps. It must have been the filler.
I made some homemade var caps recently and they don’t give any issues.
I use the same (Prilosec), it is suppose to take 24 hours to work. I found if you take 2 to start with, it works faster.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I just did a tab of pepcid then several hours later ate some almonds and took a 25 mg tab of dbol just to see. No heartburn! I will try var and winny. but both are caps. Hope I can take them.

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
It's hormones and genetics.

Research shows hormones such as adipocytokines (adiponectin and leptin) and gut hormones (ghrelin and peptide YY) can affect acid reflux.

Exogenous oral steroids have downstream effects to a plethora of your body's other hormones, peptides, enzymes, et cetera.

Obviously, genetics dictate your body's response to AAS use.

bigsquat82

bigsquat82

Dec 30, 2022
I'm my experience it's usually the compound in the cap or tab that causes heart burn. I get the worst heartburn ever from Adrol and some from Sdrol. But don't get any heart burn from any other compound out there. Just those two. Could be the filler or binder they are using too.
Try another source and see if you get the same thing happening and if not you probably found out why. That's just my train of thought just.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic