Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Why do capped orals give bad heartburn?

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I hate caps due to heartburn too! I can’t explain what it is either. I prefer tabs by far. Never any issues with tabs.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
As I've gotten older any kind of orals give me bad heart burn after a few days. Dbol being the worst offender. Caps or tabs, pharm or UG doesn't matter.

Same man. Dbol has always been the worst for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s interesting. Never had an issue with dbol. Abombs on the other hand, every time. Only oral that does it. Although I haven’t tried in tablet form. Tren is definitely heartburn City for me. The newer antacids work well though. Like Prilosec and nexium.

Cutt29

Cutt29

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Wonder what age has to do with it (specifically) as I’ve noticed the same, particularly with dbol.

or

it’s the they don’t make ‘em like they used to story. Interested in Ed’s new formula!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Wonder what age has to do with it (specifically) as I’ve noticed the same, particularly with dbol.

or

it’s the they don’t make ‘em like they used to story. Interested in Ed’s new formula!
I believe it has to do with the fact your esophagus weakens with age. It happens quicker in our lifestyle due to the massive amounts of food we consume. It just wears out faster.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I believe it has to do with the fact your esophagus weakens with age. It happens quicker in our lifestyle due to the massive amounts of food we consume. It just wears out faster.
Yep, recently I had to have a procedure to open up my lower esophagus because food was getting stuck and bad pain. Now even though I love spicy food, I cannot eat it. And orals hurt me bad. May try taking a antacid before, I have a few some old dbol tabs and like 3 var caps I will attempt when I start my TRT again.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
We were discussing in a different thread and thought I would widen the pool. I have a few var caps I can't use due to terrible heartburn. I was told the filler is creatine. Maybe the pressed pills do not open all at once? I would love to take them but cannot. Anyone have thoughts on why this happens to many folk and how to stop it?
It happens to me with all orals. These days I just keep small amounts of raws stashed away and toss that shit on my tongue.

Prilosec works. I actually use the generic Walmart brand. Three weeks for $5 a week.

I think zantac is the same, a 24hr pill, take once a day. I haven't tried zantac though.

One time I had it so bad I took 2 a day for about a week.

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
Omeprazole works great but it takes a little while to build up. Take it ed and it works well!
I have used liquid, caps and tabs and only ever had a problem with one sources dbol caps. It must have been the filler.
I made some homemade var caps recently and they don’t give any issues.

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
Yep, recently I had to have a procedure to open up my lower esophagus because food was getting stuck and bad pain. Now even though I love spicy food, I cannot eat it. And orals hurt me bad. May try taking a antacid before, I have a few some old dbol tabs and like 3 var caps I will attempt when I start my TRT again.

Thanks for the replies fellas.
What caused the narrowing of the esophagus?

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
We were discussing in a different thread and thought I would widen the pool. I have a few var caps I can't use due to terrible heartburn. I was told the filler is creatine. Maybe the pressed pills do not open all at once? I would love to take them but cannot. Anyone have thoughts on why this happens to many folk and how to stop it?
When I was making caps I used a mix of corn starch. Neer had a problem with that way. I also did it once with creatine but they sort of went rancid a bit.

Druss

Druss

Oct 23, 2022
try making a glycerine suspension with it dose it to X mg to ML. Never had heartburn this way.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
It happens to me with all orals. These days I just keep small amounts of raws stashed away and toss that shit on my tongue.
^This. Never had an issue with heartburn, but that might be why. You can purchase “micro scoops” on Amazon. Scoop the powder, do several “calibration tests” of your scooper via a high quality 0.001g digital scale, and that’s that. Ain’t nobody got time for cappin’. Generally, I’d also recommend taking orals with food.

Commercial tabs have various fillers and binders, eg cellulose, gelatin, stearic acid, etc. that you typically won’t put in homemade Mr. Wizards caps.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic