Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Who's broken and found a way to train anyway?

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I'll try to keep my story brief. I've kinda been a ghost lately because I went from a bad ass geared up gym monkey in my 20s to a busted ass 30 year old pretty quick.

Have 2 herniated discs l4/l5/s1 (which got me my honorable discharge in 2010. With that I felt sorry for myself in my late 20s and really just ate like shit and trained on some machines.

Shortly after making a call to the VA from my bed calling into work my third day that week I said fuck this. Got a giant elastic weight belt, got on pain management, saw a chiropractor, and got steroid shots in my back. Did pretty well for a year until it seems the shots weekend my ligaments and I eventually tore my Acl and meniscus in my left knee, literally just turning around in place. Out again.

5 years later, with my belt and doctors, started training legs again. Boom, inguinal hernia.

Still training, about 255 lbs and 5'9, 14ish bf. but I've had to modify literally every workout around my injuries. I have a knot on my right shoulder for no reason.. Keeping me from any chest presses or shoulder workouts (and above the head pull-downs for back).

After all that long winded shit.. Who here is all fucked up? How do you work around it? Do you have special trainers? Do you wing it? Do you take essential oils? Lol.

And is it true that you can drink winny??!

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
First off, Stanozolol could be the worse compound for joints and connective tissues; tendons and ligaments. Fish oils, krill and eating oily fish ED is paramount to healthy lipids, a healthy lipid profile not only helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system but also synovial fluid for longer lasting joints.

I have pins, plates, screws and mesh installed to hold me together and was told after one of many surgeries I may require 'a device' to walk again. Well here I am about twice your age and lifting smart as in lifting around my limitations. At some point we all have to give up the 'how much I can lift' chapter and start writing a new one.

I would lean more towards compromised form due to your spinal condition lead to tearing your ACL, or simply lifing more weight than your ACL could tolerate, but most likely a form issue.

Hernia, yep had one of those too. Some guys get hernias and some don't. Building up fat during down time and coming back too heavy to fast only accentuates the risk.

Get healthy and then lift like a guy wanting to stay in the game for another 20 or 30 years.

MountaineerMuscle84

MountaineerMuscle84

Feb 16, 2019
I feel your pain brother! Ive had 2 surgeries on my left shoulder in the last 5 years. I've tried everything to bring it back to even somewhat normal with no success. Thousands of dollars of growth hormone, peptides, physical therapy and nothing will get it all the way there. I've recently just accepted the discomfort that comes with the day and this is just what it is. I hope you can find some reprieve in something, hang in there bro!!

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
255 @ 14% bf? I wish I was in that good of shape. 2010 I had 2 bulging disks, the 2 bottom ones, got rear ended and ruptured both of them. Major sciatica for about 10 mo. and since it wasn't getting better I had them repaired with out patient surgery. Blessing in disguise as my back was constantly going out when they were bulging. when they ruptured and were repaired the bulging issue went away and my back has not gone out since. However I do have osteo-arthritus and have had both hips replaced and had a bicept tendon repair done about 5 mo. ago. I have started squatting again using one of those bars that have the handles that you can hold onto in the front and not stress the shoulders. My legs seem to be very strong but my back keeps giving out so as soon as the weight and rep make me bend forward I stop. thinking about using a belt to assist my back. ive been going very light also with upper body movements due to the shoulder surgery for about a yr now but that is also coming around and hopefully close to 100% by summer. you need to focus on what you can do without making things worse and do low weight / high reps to get the area flooded with blood to speed up healing, ice and heat as often as possible. aleve as needed. AND I highly doubt the back inj. caused your knee inj. I have had numerous inj in my back and have had zero complications you speak of nor have I ever heard of such a thing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic