Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Whole Foods admits its organic foods contain genetically modified ingredients

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
This doesn't even take into account THEIR very own computer models show how waaaaay off in left field they are. Their models aren't near their predictions not even close. It's about control and bilking more tax dollars from the chicken little sky is falling American taxpayer
Ok , I feel better now

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I did post a study that showed feeding cattle grass raised nutrient and omega content by almost 300% though, so there is def evidence there. Just not sure how consistent it is.

No doubt free range anything is better but why do we need big gubbamint telling us this? You want healthy meat? Hunt and eat Deer, venison is by far the healthiest and it's fun shooting animals and pissing libs off!! lol

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I did post a study that showed feeding cattle grass raised nutrient and omega content by almost 300% though, so there is def evidence there. Just not sure how consistent it is.

It also gets the antibiotics out of our food supply and run off from farms that enter our watersheds.

RowdyBrad

RowdyBrad

Jul 6, 2012
Good thead POB. I live in hippy usa and although the drive me crazy, it allows for frequent farmers markets and organic grassfed beef. We get a side a month and it's under 3 bucks a pound. No reason not to imo.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Agreed brad. I'm not a hippy per say but love my options .

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
No doubt free range anything is better but why do we need big gubbamint telling us this? You want healthy meat? Hunt and eat Deer, venison is by far the healthiest and it's fun shooting animals and pissing libs off!! lol

I am def more of a libertarian, however, there are limits. For instance, if I tell you a product is 100% safe, but it is killing people, we need some accountability. Even a libertarian has their limits

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I don't know where you're reading but the idea that there is a lack of research on the dangers of GMOs is totally false.

From Wikipedia:*"A 2013 review of 1,783 papers on genetically modified crops and food published between 2002 and 2012 found no plausible evidence of dangers from the use of currently marketed GM crops."

I should also note that about 1/3 of these studies were conducted by independent researchers not funded by Monsanto or any other GM company. Go to biofortified.org to find a growing list of these studies.

The general scientific consensus is that GMOs are safe for human consumption.

Furthermore, GMOs are heavily tested for their safety before being released to market, and then only after government agencies like the USDA have evaluated them. Do you really think if Monsanto or some other company used peanut genes in a GM food they wouldn't make absolutely sure it didn't kill people? Can you imagine the media shitstorm that would create if a GM food was proven to be dangerous?

You really didn't read my post did you?

Peanuts are completely safe for human consumption, right? But if you put peanut genes into potatoes, someone who is allergic to peanuts could have an allergic reaction to potatoes, right? Please admit it is at least possible?

So voila, that is the argument for GMO labeling. They may be safe, but people should be informed so they know if they are eating GMO foods or not. Those who have food allergies or ethical reasons for not eating them can avoid them.

What do the companies like Monsanto fear from labeling? Not as much as those with food allergies do, for sure.

By the way I have a degree in plant biology and studied not only bio engineering as an undergrad, but bio ethics. So I know more than a little about the subject.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Not a Starbucks fan lol ! I am a coffee fan though

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
It also gets the antibiotics out of our food supply and run off from farms that enter our watersheds.
OMG!! Antibiotics run off!!! We're all gonna die........

I am def more of a libertarian, however, there are limits. For instance, if I tell you a product is 100% safe, but it is killing people, we need some accountability. Even a libertarian has their limits
People dying by the millions, growing ears of corn out of their noses...carrots out their arse's...

LOLOL Before ya'all get up in arms I'm just in here givin all you treehuggers shit!! Just clownin around..don't ban me bro!!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
You and I agree on a lot of things gman. I know where you're coming from, and I agree. Unfortunately, letting companies completely "off the leash" can be horrible. There maybe be another answer, perhaps having private companies do independent research on the products or something, but then you have to put some kind of regulation or protocols for the research so that we won't have companies in each others' pockets. Then again, sounds like the government and big pharm, doesn't it? lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic