Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Who Says Big Men Can't Do Pull Ups???

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Ive done 10 at a bw of 270 thanks to tren. No tren im good forutliple sets of 5 to 6

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Wonder if those 3 even do pullups regularly or if that was just a little fun in the gym for them, carryover power from other exercises?

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Got a friend Crossfit/Yeti friend that weighs 200 and is shooting for a 200lb pull up. His max is 160. Did 10 at 100lbs the other day.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I can finally do pull ups this year. I'm 210 and I did 21 for my pr(not kips). I think I will try and add weight. This was me doing one set every morning . Averages are 17 to 19 depending on how I am doing.

Last edited:
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I can finally do pull ups this year. I'm 210 and I did 21 for my pr(not kips). I think I will try and add weight. This was me doing one set every morning . Averages are 17 to 19 depending on how I am doing.

I have found staying in the 10-12 rep range works well with pullups. If I go below that, I start straining my neck over time and end up with a tight neck and a lightly pinched nerve. Progress is really good in that range for me too. If you're after strength and size, 20 reps is def too high!

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I have found staying in the 10-12 rep range works well with pullups. If I go below that, I start straining my neck over time and end up with a tight neck and a lightly pinched nerve. Progress is really good in that range for me too. If you're after strength and size, 20 reps is def too high!
Yeah I definitely want to get some flare on my lats. Especially thickness and lower lats as well.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I'm just happy that there's something I'm stronger at than the Russians.... LOL...... I got 16 at 331 last week.

I'd love to train with those guys though. Good to see that even the best in the sport have dickswinging contests in the gym for fun.......

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I'm just happy that there's something I'm stronger at than the Russians.... LOL...... I got 16 at 331 last week.

I'd love to train with those guys though. Good to see that even the best in the sport have dickswinging contests in the gym for fun.......

Ok, I'll put an earlier question of mine to you . . . . . do you include pullups in your PL training regularly, or was that just a fun-in-the-gym thing? If it is a regular item for you, do you usually go as high as that, or do you keep the reps a good deal lower?

Ironmike72

Ironmike72

Aug 13, 2012
Awesome vid! Thank you, now I feel as puny as shit!! Lol

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Compare that to some of the crossfit pull ups I have seen I give these guys big props one thing with Russians they don't fuk around and love there vodka I know I partied with a few when I was single and strong mother fukers

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Ok, I'll put an earlier question of mine to you . . . . . do you include pullups in your PL training regularly, or was that just a fun-in-the-gym thing? If it is a regular item for you, do you usually go as high as that, or do you keep the reps a good deal lower?

I program them in every few weeks..... sometimes just for a few sets of 5-10 and sometimes for max reps. I never add weight or go for a max weight because it's an auxiliary move.

Every once in a whole though, my crew gets in to a dink-swinging contest and we do something stupid with an auxiliary move like a last man standing or whatever........ now I have one lat that sits higher than the other.... LOL... I'm a sore loser.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic