Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Who makes the best Bench Shirt

C

chrome

Sep 14, 2010
I have used Inzer and Karens double denim bench shirts in meets in the past with good results. Havent competed in 6 years, what the best bench shirt going today?

Who makes the best bench shirt?

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
I think inzer is overrated... The fact that they still sell their old outdated shit for full price and anything that says "inzer" on it costs double pisses me off... They know theyre the biggest name in power gear... Ive only ever competed in an Apex shirt (I have two) and they are incredible... For other gear, I only use titan anymore- Ive used 3 different squat and dead suits and they work awesome for the price. (Titan actually has sales and moves old product at a discount!) I finally picked up a titan 2 ply shirt and was very impressed- it fits right between my two apex shirts (around 500 with the single ply, hit 565 with the triple) for those feds that have a 2 ply limit... I have yet to use it though, but like everything Ive got from titan, fit was excellent....

As far as other gear, I use almost exclusively apt- belt, wrist wraps, knee wraps... Solid gear and Alan from APT bends over backwards for his customers...

For denim I dont know, much of the newest poly works at almost the same level... A buddy of mine (national champ bencher) uses a metal denim and its ridiculous what he gets out of it... 700+!!!

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
I use Titan and for single ply they are hard to beat and will work with you to make your bench shirt fit. Never competed or even wore denim or double ply bench shirt.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I use Hanes... Cause I am strong enough without putting spandex panties on under my clothes...

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
You really shoudnt be just looking at the shirt.. You need to match the way you bench with the shirt that best fits you.. I like titan single ply when first starting out..It gets you used to using a shirt.. Ive since switched to Inzer double ply (thanks Mike C).. Shirt is amazing and comfortable. Are you a flat or arch bencher? Will you need a deep neck scoop? Do you know how to slightly modify the shirt if needed? ( Like cutting a very small "V" out of the sleeve to get a very tight shirt on? Lots of things to consider besides the name

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
My whole team has switched over to Overkill. My shirt is 2 years old and I'm still hitting PR's in it.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I'm sure it does..... 100lb meet PR and 150lb 2-board PR's this year. Same shirt has taken me from 550 after 6 weeks in it ( in a meet) to over 7 in my last meet.....

Last edited:
shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I don't compete, but my man does and he has switched to Overkill for his bench shirt and his dl suit, he really likes the Overkill.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
IMO for single ply it's the F6 hands down and double ply the Overkill is what is the hot item right now.

The Overkill must be ordered custom made.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
all i own is inzer shit...but i can use about anything ...Hell one time i made a pair of squat shorts...made out of bluegean ...i tell u what..these shorts kick some fucking ass...gave me well ove 100 on the squat...dw

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic