Which of these people would make you want to move out of America MORE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I agree that the base of the Dems has moved hard left, and the base of the GOP has moved right, but pushing tea party type ideas aren't new, just a desire to go back to the ideals of the founding fathers who wanted liberty and no taxation w/o representation.

To desire a moderate may not even be a good thing. When you think about it, we've had "moderates in the Oval Office for almost the last 30 years, and the government has steadily grown, while our debt has grown and our liberties have shrunk. With all the unfunded future liabilities, such as social security and medicare, we're in a slow motion train wreck, but a train wreck nevertheless. so I'm not sure I'm crazy about a moderate option either.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Yeah I think I'm sitting this one out too. I actually hope more people drop out too. It may be the only way to get these idiots to start playing to the middle.

No, no NO . . . . . there seems to be some consensus in this thread that both parties are getting too extreme. If ppl who feel that way drop out to teach them a lesson, one of those extreme Dems or Repubs is still gonna wind up as our next President, for at least 4 yrs.

Please vote for the Dem or Repub you think is best, or at least, minimally horrible and likely to do the least harm for 4 yrs. Any lessons drop out voters think they are teaching will be lost on whoever wins anyway, and you may have made a difference in allowing the one you least like to be that winner. Have your voice in November, and in any Primary you are eligible for before then.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I agree that the base of the Dems has moved hard left, and the base of the GOP has moved right, but pushing tea party type ideas aren't new, just a desire to go back to the ideals of the founding fathers who wanted liberty and no taxation w/o representation.

To desire a moderate may not even be a good thing. When you think about it, we've had "moderates in the Oval Office for almost the last 30 years, and the government has steadily grown, while our debt has grown and our liberties have shrunk. With all the unfunded future liabilities, such as social security and medicare, we're in a slow motion train wreck, but a train wreck nevertheless. so I'm not sure I'm crazy about a moderate option either.

Just because a person is moderate doesn't make him a big spender. Whatever happened to electing reasonable people who can engage in an open discussion of ideas with the understanding that the open discussion can produce better ideas than anyone originally brought to the table. The problem with the extremists we have now is that they are automatically opposed to ANY idea their rival party comes up with. Reminds me more of pre-schoolers fighting over the Lincoln logs than intelligent, reasonable adults.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
No, no NO . . . . . there seems to be some consensus in this thread that both parties are getting too extreme. If ppl who feel that way drop out to teach them a lesson, one of those extreme Dems or Repubs is still gonna wind up as our next President, for at least 4 yrs.

Please vote for the Dem or Repub you think is best, or at least, minimally horrible and likely to do the least harm for 4 yrs. Any lessons drop out voters think they are teaching will be lost on whoever wins anyway, and you may have made a difference in allowing the one you least like to be that winner. Have your voice in November, and in any Primary you are eligible for before then.

I'm sorry, but if someone comes to me and says he has a game for me to play and it's called "getting hanged or getting shot" and tries to force me to pick one of the two options to make him feel the game is legitimate, I think I have every right to say "Fvck off asshole, your game is no longer legitimate to me, and I'm not playing it anymore."

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Whatever happened to electing reasonable people who can engage in an open discussion of ideas with the understanding that the open discussion can produce better ideas than anyone originally brought to the table.

I'll tell you what happened. When the media started taking sides and pushing the narrative of either party, it all went south. The media lives to hurl sound bites that cause division and political tension. Imagine you and me as politicians on different sides of the aisle, and one of the media outlets takes something i say out of context, plays only the sound bite and says "Raiden says Biggie (fill in the blank) " now you're pissed off, negotiations and compromise has broke down long before we get to the table to try and resolve the issues or come to an agreement. The biggest fear our government has, is us Americans being united.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
I'll tell you what happened. When the media started taking sides and pushing the narrative of either party, it all went south. The media lives to hurl sound bites that cause division and political tension. Imagine you and me as politicians on different sides of the aisle, and one of the media outlets takes something i say out of context, plays only the sound bite and says "Raiden says Biggie (fill in the blank) " now you're pissed off, negotiations and compromise has broke down long before we get to the table to try and resolve the issues or come to an agreement. The biggest fear our government has, is us Americans being united.

to be fair, the reason the media does that is because people actually PREFER a biased media outlet. Conservatives would rather watch Fox News than something actually fair and balanced. Liberals would rather watch Rachel Maddow make snarky comments than listen to a real journalist. Those outlets get the most viewers and make the most money.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
I'm sorry, but if someone comes to me and says he has a game for me to play and it's called "getting hanged or getting shot" and tries to force me to pick one of the two options to make him feel the game is legitimate, I think I have every right to say "Fvck off asshole, your game is no longer legitimate to me, and I'm not playing it anymore."

I agree with this. I will not vote on which piece of shit is the best bc at the end of the day, it's still shit.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
True, true. That's why I like RT for news.

to be fair, the reason the media does that is because people actually PREFER a biased media outlet. Conservatives would rather watch Fox News than something actually fair and balanced. Liberals would rather watch Rachel Maddow make snarky comments than listen to a real journalist. Those outlets get the most viewers and make the most money.

Reactions: HGH
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I consider myself liberal in my thoughts and views but I don't like Clinton or Sanders. Both are extremely annoying and have absolutely no personality or charisma. As of now I do not plan to vote for either.

I still can't understand how anyone considers voting democrat. I'm definitely not saying Repubes are perfect but look at history and see which party has dumbed down America to it's sad current state.

Just because a person is moderate doesn't make him a big spender. Whatever happened to electing reasonable people who can engage in an open discussion of ideas with the understanding that the open discussion can produce better ideas than anyone originally brought to the table. The problem with the extremists we have now is that they are automatically opposed to ANY idea their rival party comes up with. Reminds me more of pre-schoolers fighting over the Lincoln logs than intelligent, reasonable adults.

Think about what you're advocating for Biggie. Our Founders set the gubamint up so getting anything done by these assholes would be next to impossible. While they're fighting we live our lives ..THAT IS UNTIL they started working with each other...''crossing the aisle''. That is actually called 'Communism'' a central gov't. I would prefer they got NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH NADA done. We're all better off when they are in recess

Remember...''Those who stand in the middle of the road get runned over''

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I still can't understand how anyone considers voting democrat. I'm definitely not saying Repubes are perfect but look at history and see which party has dumbed down America to it's sad current state.

Think about what you're advocating for Biggie. Our Founders set the gubamint up so getting anything done by these assholes would be next to impossible. While they're fighting we live our lives ..THAT IS UNTIL they started working with each other...''crossing the aisle''. That is actually called 'Communism'' a central gov't. I would prefer they got NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH NADA done. We're all better off when they are in recess

Unless they are in their Panzer Tank, in which case the blowhards in the clown cars get obliterated

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010

Oh, and btw, being a disagreeable blowhard does not make you a great statesman. It just makes you a diasagreeable blowhard.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic