Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Who is the Strongest man in history?

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Big Z is the only one to ever had pressed the Fortissimus stone.... a solid piece of rock (not even, not polished, not cut, just raw stone) the size of a small city. I believe that rock weighed in around 450 and he was the only one to press it. No one else budged it.

Anyone mention prime Mark Henry yet? He's there with Big-Z for raw power. I think Kaz and Shaw have more functional/athletic power. Though Henry has transitioned amazingly into wrestling. Maybe Big-Z can wrestle after retiring from strongman and make $$$. O.D. Wilson was a beast as well.

Tom Magee was a personal favorite old school strongman for me. So damn athletic and looked better than many bodybuilders. Insane dead lift power for his build and weight.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
I'd add Misha K. to the list since he's been at the top in all strength sports.... strongman, powerlifting, highland games, and olympic weightlifting.

For the same reasons Gary Taylor deserves to be on the list . He is a former winner of WSM , Olympic silver medal weightlifter , finished second to Dorian Yates in the British bodybuilding finals , powerlifter and has performed a behind the neck push press of 600 lb .

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
You can never answer that question because there is no consensus on how to gauge strength. Is it a total of the 3 PL events? Is it a combination of speed, strength and endurance? Is it who can pick up the biggest rock and carry it from here to there?

Each of those you've listed above are amazing and I've got tons of respect for each of them. But it's a question that can never be answered. My vote is on Samson. I think he killed 1000 men with the jawbone of an ass (and I don't mean POB's jawbone!) Then he brought down an entire temple by buckling the supporting pillars with his bare hands. He died in the process, so I doubt they'll ever make that a strongman event.

So you're saying there's no 2nd or 3rd attempt on the building collapse? How do you warm up? It isn't a really popular event anyway....apparently the spectators are "part of the show."

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
For the same reasons Gary Taylor deserves to be on the list . He is a former winner of WSM , Olympic silver medal weightlifter , finished second to Dorian Yates in the British bodybuilding finals , powerlifter and has performed a behind the neck push press of 600 lb .

Gary Taylor didn't get a silver in the '84 Olympics for Oly lifting. He did well in the snatch but you get a medal for the TOTAL. Mario Martinez got the silver; one of the first Americans to snatch over 400lbs. He totaled 410kg in the '84 Olympics.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Other than Kazmaier and Mark Henry who has successfully lifted the Thomas Inch Dumbbell? I can't find the list, just old info.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Gary Taylor didn't get a silver in the '84 Olympics for Oly lifting. He did well in the snatch but you get a medal for the TOTAL. Mario Martinez got the silver; one of the first Americans to snatch over 400lbs. He totaled 410kg in the '84 Olympics.

Yes BI you're right my mistake Taylor got second in the snatch but didn't win a medal in '84 Olympics, he did win a silver in the snatch at World Weightlifting champs which were held at the same time . I don't think he competed against Mario Martinez as Taylor was in the Heavyweight II 110 kg class and the American was + 110 .

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
And for those wondering... Misha K snatched 200+kg and C&J 250kg at one of his Russian National Meets where he took the gold. Dave Rigert is the reason he never lifted in the Olympics. He's the Russian national coach and once Misha started doing SM he was blacklisted from Oly lifting.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Chuck Norris.
End of discussion.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic