Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Who is the Strongest man in history?

T

Tony Delk

Sep 15, 2010
If all these men competed against each other in a 3 day event (powerlifting, olympic lifting, strongmen lifts) who would win and be the strongest human being in history?

Paul Anderson

H. Rezazadeh

Bill Kazmaier

Mariusz Pudzianowski

Last edited by a moderator:
TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Pre-torn pec/deltoid Kaz out of those guys. Shaw & Big-Z are right there if not higher. It's close IMO.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Of course Al Gore. He invented strong man competitions right after he invented the internet, lol

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Of course Al Gore. He invented strong man competitions right after he invented the internet, lol
Al gore was so strong he made Monica say is was Bills stain on her dress... and then Bill almost got impeached... now THATS raw power!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
You can never answer that question because there is no consensus on how to gauge strength. Is it a total of the 3 PL events? Is it a combination of speed, strength and endurance? Is it who can pick up the biggest rock and carry it from here to there?

Each of those you've listed above are amazing and I've got tons of respect for each of them. But it's a question that can never be answered. My vote is on Samson. I think he killed 1000 men with the jawbone of an ass (and I don't mean POB's jawbone!) Then he brought down an entire temple by buckling the supporting pillars with his bare hands. He died in the process, so I doubt they'll ever make that a strongman event.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I hear conflicting reports. Is Kaz a good guy? I've heard some say he is an asshole and others say he is great guy. I suppose its kind of like Captain Kirk Koworski. You piss the guy off, things don't go well.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I hear conflicting reports. Is Kaz a good guy? I've heard some say he is an asshole and others say he is great guy. I suppose its kind of like Captain Kirk Koworski. You piss the guy off, things don't go well.

Yeah, he loved to put on a show though too. There are times when I wonder if the asshole side of him wasn't for the camera etc. Similar to Arnold as well. Arnold kind of brought the intimidation game to the sport, kind of like Kaz did for Strongman.

This kind of reminds of the Tyson vs Ali debates. We will never know how they would have done matched up, but there is no denying who was the greatest of certain eras. Remember that some of the events, rules etc have changes as well, so it's not easy to compare their records either.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
My top ranks go something like this.

Kaz
Shaw
Big Z
Pudzianowski

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If we're talking squats I believe Rez has them all beat... my old coach Coffee has seen it with his own eyes. Rez squatting 800 for triples like a warm up with nothing more than a belt. No knee wraps, no wrist wraps, etc.....

If we're talking pressing power Big Z crushes all... period. No MAN on that list has his pressing power.

Pud shouldn't even be on that list. It's an insult to the other lifters.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
If we're talking squats I believe Rez has them all beat... my old coach Coffee has seen it with his own eyes. Rez squatting 800 for triples like a warm up with nothing more than a belt. No knee wraps, no wrist wraps, etc.....

If we're talking pressing power Big Z crushes all... period. No MAN on that list has his pressing power.

Pud shouldn't even be on that list. It's an insult to the other lifters.

It's a Strongman forum bro...."strong" could be interpreted in many ways. Watching Pud (for his size especially) OHP 365 for reps was pretty insane....he was at the top once I started watching espn at 3am in my late teens....was him and Magnus going back and forth for a bit, then.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic