Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Who is the Founding Father of UGL????

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
You dont know what you got till its gone!

Last edited:
goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
i dunno who was first, i just remember atomic anabolic was the first source i ever used.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Tough question however I would go with the obvious ..... IP

I second the vote, I believe they have been around even longer than ten years and still goin strong

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
To the OP, I have to go with admin on this one. IP has been around for AT LEAST 15 plus years making UG gear. As far as i remember, most of the names on here were after IP. I am one of the guys that never had a problem with his gear either, but he is about 50 percent love, 50 percent hate when you ask people about him

ABSOLUTELY- They have been around for years longer than anyone mentioned- I dont believe anyone that says the gear sucks- probably made the best tabs ever- but when you been around for that long, served that many people - its just the law of averages that people will find a way to be unhappy, or buy fakes, even HG get faked, so why not IP . I posted my previous not seeing JJ's so I had to bump it , I still use only IP tabs over all others- thats almost 15 years for me, never having a fake, of course Ill get it from the man himself- which aint hard to do if you look

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Sheesh Im even lookin over the members here- We got Thinkbig and Basskiller- these guys if we began a thread of who are the grandaddy Bros of this community would be in the runnin, mods on all the old sites, Basskillers site for info, Gaaad Dang!

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Duchaine's Mexican operation I would think. That was around 1985.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Yeah IPs been around how long 15+ years?? Damn even I remeber Animal - who else? Tycoon, Satchboogie, gymvet LMAO

Satchboogie.. LMAO! King of Primo 1000mg/week for 12 weeks. Gymvet.. TURDO!

D

DeeRose

May 22, 2023
Yeah there's no way this thread could go without honorary mention of DD.
And it's pretty deep. The following is from a 1989 NY Times article. It's just a bit of entertaining trivia:

--Mexican and American officials say the main trafficker in steroids over the last three years has been Juan Macklis, owner of record of the Milano Pharmaceutical Laboratories here. They said he not only manufactured much of the drug in Tijuana, but also used a large network of couriers to take the drug across the border, often in false compartments of automobiles.

Evidence of Links to Noriega:

''Between 1987 and 1989, Laboratorios Milanos has been the largest single distributor of steroids in the U.S. marketplace and perhaps in the world,'' said Phillip Halpern, an assistant United States attorney in San Diego. ''I was arresting people of his who were trafficking in the ton-loads, so we are conservatively talking about a business that involved tens of millions of dollars.''

In April, the police here raided the laboratory and arrested Mr. Macklis. Several company employees, including Hector Salgado Herrera, chairman of the chemistry department at the University of Baja California, were also apprehended, as were two Americans who had just bought 4,900 steroid tablets from United Pharmaceuticals of Baja California, a Macklis-affiliated company that operates out of a hotel suite here.

A senior Government official in Mexico City said the Mexican police had uncovered evidence establishing a longstanding business relationship between Mr. Macklis and Panama's military leader, Gen. Manuel Antonio Noriega. ''Here in Mexico, Noriega is an owner of a pharmaceutical company in Tijuana that is poisoning people,'' the official said.

According to Mexican and American officials, however, Mr. Macklis was released from custody and has dropped out of sight.--

The (A) United Pharmaceuticals office front that's mentioned in the article was located in the Hotel Fiesta Americana in TJ. I don't know if the hotel still exists by the same name or not? Anyhow, it was a posh place back then (for TJ). It's where I use to make my stock runs back in the mid 80's. Prices and quality at that time were insane - legit products for pennies on the dollar wholesale. Juan Maklis (and the ex Panamanian cocaine smuggling general Manuel Noriega who worked for many years for the US CIA), and Duchaine were "business partners". Duchaine actually handled the AAS side of things, and Maklis (nickname was "Fito", pronounced feet-o) handled cocaine smuggling for Noriega throughout mexico and into cali, tx, and az. It's said that Noriega invested a minimum 800k into the AAS operation. Duchaine was actually fortunate to get out of that connection easily as he did. Fito's (Maklis) son was murdered in a drug related incident there in mex, and shortly after, Fito was murdered as well. And of course, Noriega's Panama was invaded in 1989 and he was taken into custody in 1990, and still remains in prison today in Paris France.
Better late than never...
Trying to send you a direct message but am having difficulty.
So you actually visited the Hotel Fiesta Americana back in the day?? We should talk...

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
He's still around here testing boners, so you're in luck.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Way back in the 80's, Duchaine's, Laboratories Milano really started kicking things off in the mexi market for State side guys buying UGL. Out of that era came the old common mexi names, most of which have already been mentioned in previous posts. I'd have to say it was the "Guru" who really did a lot to bring the UGL mainstream. I think I may still have an original copy of the first edition, 1981 underground steroid handbook in a box somewhere.
So far as who the first big name on the boards was to really start the trend, I don't know.

I would have to go with Duchaine as TB mentioned prior. Although, in the 90's, when MM2000 released all the cassette tapes of people, they had Duchaine on one, and he mentioned that most of the big time gym owners got their money from brewing their own gear in the 80's. There were some big names he mentioned, but I can't remember them at this time. So it's probably either them or Duchaine if I had to guess.

For the actual forums, it's probably IP, or one of the larger UG's from other countries back in the day. I guess you could add Ttokkyo and those guys to it as well I guess.

Also, i'm sure both Animal and Kneller/RSOC/GAC/Brock Strasser got their idea to make kits from Duchaine and Pat Arnold and some of the conversion articles that were typed up in Duchaine's old UG Newsletters.

I'll have to think on this more, good topic.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic