Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Who has used Humulin-r?

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
Been doing a lot of reading up on slin and it's got very interested. I know that this is nothing to play with and when done incorrectly it can lead to serious consequences. I can get humulin-r over the counter so if/when i run it, this is what it will be. I typically train in the evening and know humalog would be better but you take what you can get right? I know that the R peaks about 1.5-2 hours after pin so i was considering doing it at the gym right before i start working out. I will have a shake approximately 15 minutes after injection. For this shake would like a scoop of protein blended in orange juice be sufficient so long as i am over 10g carbs per iu? The R peaks at about 2 hours so at that point after injection i would have a carb heavy meal with no fats. At this point what amount of carbs is considered to be safe? I know safe is just that, safe. I would most likely far exceed this safe range.

Thanks ahead for any input and advice.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Been doing a lot of reading up on slin and it's got very interested. I know that this is nothing to play with and when done incorrectly it can lead to serious consequences. I can get humulin-r over the counter so if/when i run it, this is what it will be. I typically train in the evening and know humalog would be better but you take what you can get right? I know that the R peaks about 1.5-2 hours after pin so i was considering doing it at the gym right before i start working out. I will have a shake approximately 15 minutes after injection. For this shake would like a scoop of protein blended in orange juice be sufficient so long as i am over 10g carbs per iu? The R peaks at about 2 hours so at that point after injection i would have a carb heavy meal with no fats. At this point what amount of carbs is considered to be safe? I know safe is just that, safe. I would most likely far exceed this safe range.

Just remember if I'm not mistaken it can sometimes spike 6-8 hours later. Never happened with me though. And staying under 10iu is safest IMO 15iu tops.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011

I'm going to suggest that in the beginning, you try it out post workout. Be safe and get a feel for the stuff. It's been my experience that the first peak is around an hour and the second is around 2.5 hours. With me, that can also change with the amount of activity I'm doing. And the amount and what kind of carbs I've taken in the 4 to 5 hours before injection.

The more activity, the faster the spikes for me. This is just personal experience but you have to be ready for anything. In the beginning, it's better to over do the carbs than to skimp and not have enough. I'm not saying go overboard but be smart. When you do decide to hit the gym with it, don't rely on that first shake to pull you through. Always be ready. Have more carbs and carry glucose tabs with you.

After some usage, you will be able to whittle back the carbs and figure out what works for you.

HDH

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Just remember if I'm not mistaken it can sometimes spike 6-8 hours later. Never happened with me though. And staying under 10iu is safest IMO 15iu tops.

It happened to me in the beginning and a few others that I've seen. I don't remember the times but I know it was after it was suppose to be clear. No problems after getting used to it.

Also in the beginning, 10 to 15ius is a bit high IMO. I would suggest 3 or 4 and move up slowly. Better safe than sorry.

HDH

creekrat

creekrat

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2012
Ok, i have found a line on some log so when i do this i will run the log not the regular

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Move to Canada....buy log at Walmart....problem solved....lol

FLBB89

FLBB89

MuscleHead
May 27, 2013
i would not recommend this for a beginner, but i personally like humulin-r injected IM about 30 mins pre workout. I drink a shake of karbolyn, BCAA's and creatine intra workout, followed by just whey protein post workout and then a meal of protein and complex carbs (usually chicken and a sweet potato) about an hour later.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
If you go with the regular insulin (anything-R, Humulin-r or Novolin-r same thing) Wait about 30 min to start taking in carbs. it has an onset of about 30-45min and you don't want a big endogenous insulin release and then have the insulin you injected kick in on top of that. I've only used humalog. I inject it then start my carb intake 15-20min after injection. And the amount of carbs you will need will vary depending on what you are working. On days you are doing squats or deadlifts you will need more carbs to keep from going hypo.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I used it post workout a few times. Then I thought to myself, why the **** am I using slin?

Eat with it then an hour later. if you eat enough you should be ok. I went hypo once in an autozone so be careful

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
Finally got convinced to try Slin and all I could get was the R.

I thought cute bottle, cute pins, and it looks so innocent.

Well HDH was spot on, telling you to start slow. I started slow felt nothing so I said, "Hey why don't I try double digits!"

Stupid, stupid mistake. My lips started to tingle, my hands started to tremble, felt like throwing up air, my legs felt really heavy, my vision started to go dark, and this sleep/tiredness over took me.

I thought that if I just lie down I would feel better. But my G-Angel told me that if I did that I would never wake up. (Now that scared the crap out of me.)

Panic was not my worry because I knew I was prepared. Half dragged my arse to the kitchen and started to chew on 8gms of glucose tabs and opened up a root beer. (While holding myself up by my elbows on the counter.)

After what seemed forever, I started to feel better. But I knew I wasn't out of my own stupid situation just yet. So I took another 8gms glucose and finished the root beer.

Finally started to feel alive and then this hunger of hungers took hold of me. If I would have needed to fight ever male on this planet so I can get to some food, I would have done it. I've been homeless, so I know hunger. But never like this.

The worse part of this mess I created was the fact that my lungs "forgot" how to breathe. A slow painful suffocation.

So PLEASE listen to what all those cats posted above and don't make the same mistake I did. Because sure, I lived to tell the story but you might end up DEAD!

J

Jada

Aug 10, 2012
Pepino wtf!!!!! Crazy story . Thank u for sharing that. I dont know creeky I rather pin post workout better

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Finally got convinced to try Slin and all I could get was the R.

I thought cute bottle, cute pins, and it looks so innocent.

Well HDH was spot on, telling you to start slow. I started slow felt nothing so I said, "Hey why don't I try double digits!"

Stupid, stupid mistake. My lips started to tingle, my hands started to tremble, felt like throwing up air, my legs felt really heavy, my vision started to go dark, and this sleep/tiredness over took me.

I thought that if I just lie down I would feel better. But my G-Angel told me that if I did that I would never wake up. (Now that scared the crap out of me.)

Panic was not my worry because I knew I was prepared. Half dragged my arse to the kitchen and started to chew on 8gms of glucose tabs and opened up a root beer. (While holding myself up by my elbows on the counter.)

After what seemed forever, I started to feel better. But I knew I wasn't out of my own stupid situation just yet. So I took another 8gms glucose and finished the root beer.

Finally started to feel alive and then this hunger of hungers took hold of me. If I would have needed to fight ever male on this planet so I can get to some food, I would have done it. I've been homeless, so I know hunger. But never like this.

The worse part of this mess I created was the fact that my lungs "forgot" how to breathe. A slow painful suffocation.

So PLEASE listen to what all those cats posted above and don't make the same mistake I did. Because sure, I lived to tell the story but you might end up DEAD!

I can't understand how this happens other than you're not watching a clock.

I shoot 10iu slin pre workout. I have 100g carbs on the way to the gym in the form of graham crackers.

I drink ghey2raid with protein powder while training.

I go home and pin 20iu post workout. I stuff my face with poultry and rice or potatoes. I continue to graze of tortilla chips, cookies, ice cream, pop tarts.

At the two hour mark I'm clear. It's as easy as eating food.

Maybe because I use log so it's more predictable?

I do however experience the symptoms of hypoglycemia at what seems like random times. Only it's not sugar my body wants. It's protein.

I pour buckets of sweat, want to just lay down and die. No energy. Limbs feel heavy. This started years ago.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic