Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Who has a good mass building routine

omni

omni

Jan 29, 2011
I've been doing Dc Training for a year now and am stronger, bigger and more vascular than ever. It took awhile to get used to but for me it seemed to fill in all the gaps- diet, training and cycling. I don't think I'll ever switch. If I did It would be 5,3,1 that a friend pm'ed me.

ZoDaddy

ZoDaddy

Jan 29, 2011
I love the 5x5... I run a variation of it that does 4 weeks of 5x5 and then 2 weeks of 3x3. This really ups my strength, and in turn gives me some size. The actual routine is solely based on power movements with the larger muscle groups but I always add in just a couple sets of bis/tris each week. It always amazes me how pumped my bis get when I pull big weight doing rows. Try not doing any bi/tri isolation exercises for 2 weeks, I think that will help stimulate their overall growth if that's what you're looking for.

I use this Bill Star 5x5 Routine but do barbell rows in place of power cleans. Power cleans are great if you're looking at powerlifting. But rows are much better for mass IMO. Let me know if you have any questions man.

BTW, I'll normally run this for 6 weeks at a time and then take 4 weeks "OFF" - meaning I'll go back to my normal routine that includes more isolation exercises and slightly higher rep count for those 4 weeks.

DC training may also be something you want to look into, but the modified 5X5 has always worked for me
Just read your link to the Starr 5x5. Do you follow the same split recommended in the Starr 5x5? I haven't tried it. Does it work to do squats 3xweek?

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I am going to be starting the bill starr 5X5 here in prob 6 weeks or so. My only 2 questions for those that have done it is how is squatting 3 X a week and no pulldowns for back?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Follow luvthetest's link to the wikipedia bill starr 5x5 page, and click on the "show" button next to bill starr's beginner 5x5. You'll know you have the right one if on wednesdays it incorporates pullups.

As far as squatting 3 times a week, I too was very wary of that, but as long as you eat enough and follow the 60% rule on Wednesday, you will recover and get much much stronger. I loved the 5x5, but I cannot do the full 4 or 6 weeks before the unloading phase of 3x3s. Maybe I'm not eating enough, sleeping enough, whatever, but my body tells me after week three that it's time to unload everytime i've done it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic