Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

White bread and shake post workout ..

B

Butkus62

Apr 10, 2013
Hey bros had someone suggest only taking in around 150 grams carbs per day with most of them coming from plain white bread to spike insulin post workout ... I typically use 1 cup of dry oats in my shake but I'm open to new ideas ... My Normal diet is
Meal 1: 9 egg whites and 2 whole eggs along with 2 packs low sugar flavored oat pack.. each has 25grams of carbs

Meal 2: 6 oz cooked chicken, turkey or lean steak along with 4 oz cooked brown rice or small baked potato 5 oz and ½ cup mixed vegetables

Meal 3: 6 oz cooked chicken breast and 1 oz roasted almonds or cashews ( approx 15 pieces )

Meal 4 (Pre workout): protein shake (35-40g protein)

Meal 5: (Post workout meal): 6oz cooked lean steak( any good lean cut) and 2 slices Ezekial bread or 5 oz cooked brown or white rice or 5oz cantaloupe, pineapple, or a banana. (EAT THIS WITHIN 30 MINUTES – or ASAP after you’re done at the gym)

Meal 6: before bed : 10 egg whites and 1 oz roasted almonds or cashews or 1 tbs peanut butter and ½ cup mixed vegetables
But I'm trying to get lean so I've been suggested by a ifbb bb to cut carbs down to before workout and post with white bread ... Then virtually no carbs the rest of the day ... Anyway just want more thoughts on this thanks guys

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
That just sounds like a gimmick. Which means you might see short term results but long term that sucks.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
its called nutrient timing and it does work to some degree. the white bread is for recovery (refuel glycogen, blunts cortisol), nothing new or earth shaking.

if you decide to do it, use something high in simple carbs and low fat, like skittles, kid cereal, etc that you like eating. it taste a hell a lot better then white bread and will do the same thing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic