Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Which Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will show up against Canelo Alvarez

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Ha Ha, boxing stuff doesn't usually do well on these boards. Used to have a longtime member here who knew boxing, but I haven't seen him in a while.

My guess is Jr is more motivated for this fight than for his others, I love his choice of Trainers, and he has the proverbial puncher's chance, plus the height and reach. I hate Canelo and his daddy Oscar and all their duck GGG at all costs games, but I think the cinna-Mon is too good, too tough, and will win by stoppage.

R

Realize

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2010
If I was a betting man I would put my money on Canelo

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
UT OH . . . . another boxing fan in here? Me too on your bet.

My money on GGG or Jacobs or maybe even the bigger of the Charlos over Oscar's pampered prince, but I have to admit Canelo is almost as good as it gets.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Chavez Jr. didn't show up at all... he should be embarrassed of that performance.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Chavez Jr. didn't show up at all... he should be embarrassed of that performance.

Can you IMAGINE how JCC Senior feels? From a country filled with boxing legends, most less slick but more WARRIOR than Floyd Mayweather, Daddy is widely perceived as THE Man. Painful to watch the fight and see his anguish at a ringside seat.

a little history on some of this . . . . Floyd Mayweather jr has been a highly skilled fighter, thanks in part to his father and uncle, who were both pretty damn good themselves. Father was a real prospect and undefeated till another undefeated prospect named Sugar Ray Leonard whupped him.
the younger uncle, Roger, also a real prospect, got the piss beaten out of him by JCC Senior years ago, they victory-carried Senior out of the ring as he tapped his balls, Latin-style.

"good times"

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Can you IMAGINE how JCC Senior feels? From a country filled with boxing legends, most less slick but more WARRIOR than Floyd Mayweather, Daddy is widely perceived as THE Man. Painful to watch the fight and see his anguish at a ringside seat.

Like you said you could see his anger/embarrassment on his face. JCC would rather his son give an effort and get the shit kicked out of him than fight the way he did. I actually felt bad for JCC.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
No damn "actually" about it lol. I find myself focusing more on Boxing's businessmen these days, as a way to figure out who the hell is gonna fight who the hell else. Promoters and alphabet soup federations have taken Boxing as we knew it to a 2nd or 3rd tier sport in America. Only thing that keeps it afloat is the huge presence of Mexican fighters, other Latinos, and recent influx of Cuban and eastern European fighters, plus all the UK fighters my American ass was only barely aware of.

That isn't just today's news. Back when prime Tyson ruled the world, and his space-hair promoter Don King cashed huge checks and cheated Tyson out of most of that, Tyson went off to jail for rape. The Mexican market was always there, but under exploited by the USA promoters, including HBO and SHOWtime. To keep the money flowing, King had the wisdom to seize that (he seems semi-senile now), and to seize Julio Ceasar Chavez SENIOR, one of the most dominant destructive forces Boxing has ever seen. That kept the bux flowing for King, and brought JCC Sr to the USA market.

Those of us who watched all that empathize with the father.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic