Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Which investment platform to use for stock trading?

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Definitely. It's a cost to consider. Losing trades are a cost to consider as well.
For example. one account of mine made 5k on the month so far - $287 in commissions. Only dug into
6% of my profits. Not bad IMO. This is my income account where I always keep 20k in it and take out
profits every month. Losing months, I add to make up the difference.

I believe JR is considered a professional though so his commissions are more than mine.
Doesn't matter how much I make, I'm considered retail until I LLC to write off costs.
As mentioned, the overhead isn't much.

Most people trying to do this on their own will lose. Understanding the game takes
years and years of experience. Your psyche has more of an impact than your strategy.

Which cost.....? Commissions ? Commissions are considered, come tax time with respect to capital gains right ?

With $20k, your not a day trader, so are you a swing and do you buy the same stock multiple times ?.....I am asking because if so, is FIFO and LIFO being considered.

with a lost are you waiting at least 30 days to buy the same stock again if desired ?

*** i know this is an old thread. just trying to understand here.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
@2ez Don't recall the context and am too lazy to check but most likely commissions or possibly platform/data cost.
20k I am a day trader...doesn't mean I'm a scalper. My longest trades are 5 days. Most are 1 day.
I trade futures and can buy and sell as many times as I want, no waiting period. I use FIFO. Series 3, CTA.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic