Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls

Which 5x5 program do you think best for a competition newbie?

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Up until the past year I was able to GO GO GO 110% all the time. If I could give advice to someone starting out I would tell them to focus on the core lifts and core strengths .And to pace yourself .

Great Solid Advice!

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
In my opinion the best powerlifting routine you can get into without a trainer would be to pick up the westside book, although it is much more of an advanced and hands on approach than some of the more simplified program approaches. I think for starting out a 5/3/1 program would be better than a 5x5 program.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
In my opinion the best powerlifting routine you can get into without a trainer would be to pick up the westside book, although it is much more of an advanced and hands on approach than some of the more simplified program approaches. I think for starting out a 5/3/1 program would be better than a 5x5 program.

Yeah one thing I have learned is one thing may not work for me now but it don't mean it won't later down the road and that different things work at different times for people and it's why there is no solid set one way to do all.

There is only 1 thing that never changes and it's the only proven thing to worked from day 1 and that is EAT, LIFT, EAT, REST, EAT, LIFT and etc.

Everyone notice I say eat most, it's because this is what your going to do the most EAT. You will eat and rest more then you'll train.

Last edited:
mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Shan how is the 5x5 working out for you?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I think thats an answer that only you can find. I believe that all of us find that different routines , diet and lifestyles suit each of us in a different manner- Becoming successull is essentially learning about yourself. So its a matter of self assessment through experimentation.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic