Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

When is Testosterone Needed

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
so heres my thought/understanding. Testosterone is at a higher level when you are younger, and as you get older your testosterone level decreases. I have read articles that suggest as you get older to start to supplement testosterone to bring that level back up, ultimately making up for the loss that comes with age.

What would be a good safe testosterone supplement that someone could take, and dosage recommendations?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
so heres my thought/understanding. Testosterone is at a higher level when you are younger, and as you get older your testosterone level decreases. I have read articles that suggest as you get older to start to supplement testosterone to bring that level back up, ultimately making up for the loss that comes with age.

What would be a good safe testosterone supplement that someone could take, and dosage recommendations?

Testosterone. The dose would depend on what your levels currently are and then adjust your dose to keep in the optimal range with less sides.

If you mean over the counter there are none.

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
I am looking for more of a pure testosterone supplement, rather than it being mixed with other fat burners and creatine and stuff....

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
You would need blood tests as POB already said, than go from there only way to know ur numbers

tilltheend

tilltheend

MuscleHead
Nov 22, 2011
Testosterone can be needed at any time as you get older. You could be 19 and TRT be what you need.

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
Testosterone can be needed at any time as you get older. You could be 19 and TRT be what you need.

Excuse my ignorance as this may be a stupid question but is TRT the name of a supplement that would increase testosterone or is that the value that a blood test would measure?

Can anyone suggest any testosterone supplement?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Excuse my ignorance as this may be a stupid question but is TRT the name of a supplement that would increase testosterone or is that the value that a blood test would measure?

Can anyone suggest any testosterone supplement?

TRT is Testosterone Replacement Therapy. And there are no "testosterone supplements." You either work with what you got naturally or shut yourself down temporarily with a cycle followed by post cycle therapy or you do it permanently with TRT. The latter requires lifelong injections or less effective creams.

I hope this answers your questions but I have a feeling that you're a 19 year old kid.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Does EVERY male at some point in their life need TRT?

I'm 36 this year and seem to be getting stronger, never had my test levels checked so I wouldn't have a clue where they're at. Would it be possible for someone to continually get stronger as they age but they're test levels are declining?

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
TRT is Testosterone Replacement Therapy. And there are no "testosterone supplements." You either work with what you got naturally or shut yourself down temporarily with a cycle followed by post cycle therapy or you do it permanently with TRT. The latter requires lifelong injections or less effective creams.

I hope this answers your questions but I have a feeling that you're a 19 year old kid.

Pretty close, I am not 19 but 27. Many people won't believe me when I say this but the testosterone wouldn't be for me. I have a friend who started working out with me recently who is 63 and wanting to get back in shape. Unfortunately he has a lot of challenges to over come like he had two motorcycle accidents which really screwed up his rotator cuffs. I was just looking at things that may help him accomplish his goals. He struggles to do back exercises since his range of motion is horrible in his shoulders. So we have changed things a little, on back day I do back and he focuses on rotator cuff exercises and stretching.

That's why more or less was the reason for inquiring about the testosterone.

B

bigdave1967

Nov 18, 2011
There are no TRUE testosterone supplements you or your friend could buy over the counter. So-called "test-booster" supplements are at best unproven and at worst ineffective snake-oil. At 63, your friend could be a viable candidate for medically supervised testosterone replacement therapy, IF he were interested AND he had medical insurance that would cover that therapy.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
I have a friend who started working out with me recently who is 63 and wanting to get back in shape. Unfortunately he has a lot of challenges to over come like he had two motorcycle accidents which really screwed up his rotator cuffs. I was just looking at things that may help him accomplish his goals. He struggles to do back exercises since his range of motion is horrible in his shoulders. So we have changed things a little, on back day I do back and he focuses on rotator cuff exercises and stretching.

That's why more or less was the reason for inquiring about the testosterone.

Testosterone or any other drugs are not going to help your friend overcome his injuries. He needs to see a physical therapist to get his mobility and strength back. A good physical therapist can perform miracles. A friend of mine just wrote me this story about his back:

I have been having lower back problems. The back side of my lower spine was pinching a nerve. When to a Spine Clinic and doc sent me to physical therapy. The therapist really did nothing to help me. So the Doc performed a radio frequency denervation, where they essetially burn away the inflamed nerve. It gives immediate, but temporary relief, (The nerve regenerates itself in 6 months to a year)

It started coming back so I went to a second physical therapist and am getting amazing results. The first thing she did was check my hips and found they were way out of alignment. The right hip was twisting foward throwing everything else out of joint. Every time I go she realigns my hips, stretches the muscles in the area and give me some exercises to strengthen the hips and keep them in place.

So my point is: There is a huge margin between a great physical therapist and an ok one. It is important to find the right one.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Does EVERY male at some point in their life need TRT?

I'm 36 this year and seem to be getting stronger, never had my test levels checked so I wouldn't have a clue where they're at. Would it be possible for someone to continually get stronger as they age but they're test levels are declining?

It's totally possible most of the strongest dudes I know are in their 40's

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic