Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

When and Why did training change?

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
I'm often curious why training ( for bodybuilding ) is different than it used to be. Whenever I read anything by the old timers, or when I've had the privelage to interact with them, they all advocate the same training program. This is the typical " 6 days a week, each bodypart twice " program that we all know about. And it seems to be across the board. Arnold, Robinson, Haney, Paris, Franco, etc. all preach the same system. Though NOW it seems like everyone advocates 4-6 days a week in the gym while hitting each bodypart once a week. i.e. MONDAY = CHEST.......Athletes in any other sport all constantly training. I don't believe that has ever changed. Why, in bodybuilding, did we all decide that we needed to cut our workload in half? Who has thoughts?

S

Superphysio

Sep 13, 2010
As far as I remember, Yates and Mentzer advocated extra days of rest if you were training at really high intensity e.g. heavy duty like.

FranchizeBBer

FranchizeBBer

Sep 10, 2010
From what I see there are many factors to this; one, like super said, training intensity has gone up; they all train differently but all seem to hit that one a day program, two, the drugs in today's bbing are so strong and the stacks are so large that there is no need to risk injury to a bodypart by "overtraining". And lastly if u take a look at the difference in programs, old pros used more of the standards and less of the isolation concentration machines, scientifically I'm not sure the affects this would have. Those would be my observations

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic