Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Whats your resting heart rate?

R

ruthlezz_1

Sep 20, 2010
I'm a little concerned because my resting heart rate hasnt been much lower than 80 for a while. im doing a little more cardio lately but it seems that it just wont go down. even while off eca its still high. its only elevated by about 5 beats a min when on though. Is this something to be working on?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I just woke up and I'm at 64. I would drop all stimulants and coffee and maybe get a check up.

gerard

gerard

Apr 19, 2012
Many things attribute to a resting heart beat/pulse... lifestyle, sleep, stress, diet, Training, and attitude. I don't call myself a Personal trainer because that title has been watered down over the past 20 years since i got certified. I now call myself a health & fitness Practitioner for my own well being of not be pooled in with other PT test takers, and my 50yrs of experience has taken me a lot further than any certificate can.

My resting heart beat in the Morning upon waking-up is in the mid 40s, at rest during the day/night watch TV/reading/Computer can range 50s to 60s, and I'm not a big Cardio person, matter fact, NO short, or extended Aerobic exercises at all, but i do train with high Intensity. Your question can be a loaded one, since many variables can attribute to a low, or High pulse rate.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
A resting heart rate of 80 really isnt a big concern unless you are having other issues (palpitations etc). Resting heart rates can be effected by a number of variables, where as the most commonly associated variable being your overall physical condition. If you are overweight and/or have a lot of stress, that number will go up. If you are a highly trained and conditioned athlete you should expect that number to be low. Other things like over training without adequate rest, or poor nutrition can also effect your rhr.

Doing a little more cardio isn't going to do much. Higher intensity cardio over extended periods of time will generally cause your rhr to lower itself as your body adapts to the high intensity workouts leaving you in much better cardiovascular shape.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Mine is like 44-52 usually upon waking

B

BeauBody38

Jan 8, 2015
Normal heart rate is 60-100 beats/min.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Mine is in the 80s to 90s at all times

AgyGorzynska

AgyGorzynska

Nov 3, 2013
Mine is between 76-86 bpm but I feel good and I don't worry too much about it .And like others saying many factors have impact on heart rates to be sometimes too low or too high.

jks1

jks1

Aug 30, 2015
Upon waking my resting HR is typically between 54 and 60 BPM

However, if I've had a layoff due to illness then I've noticed it does rise slightly

During high intensity intervals my pulse rises to 165-175 and I'm on the floor for a few good few minutes gulping air afterwards

You don't mention your age, which could be a factor ?
Resting HR raises with age and with illness, so to be on the safe side I'd recommend getting checked out by a doctor

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Last doctor visit it was 55. The nurse commented on it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic