Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

What's your preferred hamstring workout?

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
What hamstring workout works for you? I try lunges, seated leg ext. & step ups to high knee.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I still like the stiff legged deads or RDL's or even deficits on these. You an do them with dumbbells or barbells. I have issues with the my right hamstring having torn it before, so I'm careful with what I do. I tend to go light on these. I have also taken one of those big exercise pilates balls and find a table or elevated area and place the ball behind your knee and flutter kick into the ball (like a kid throwing a tantrum). Gives a pretty solid burn.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
What hamstring workout works for you? I try lunges, seated leg ext. & step ups to high knee.
Not trying to be a jerk but seated leg extensions work your quadriceps not your hamstrings. Maybe I misread what you're saying or I'm going about it all wrong LOL.

For me deep squats are always the best for glutes and hamstrings. RDL's too but I do a lot of seated and prone hamstring curls.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
I still like the stiff legged deads or RDL's or even deficits on these. You an do them with dumbbells or barbells. I have issues with the my right hamstring having torn it before, so I'm careful with what I do. I tend to go light on these. I have also taken one of those big exercise pilates balls and find a table or elevated area and place the ball behind your knee and flutter kick into the ball (like a kid throwing a tantrum). Gives a pretty solid burn.
Nicccccceeeee!!

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
Not trying to be a jerk but seated leg extensions work your quadriceps not your hamstrings. Maybe I misread what you're saying or I'm going about it all wrong LOL.

For me deep squats are always the best for glutes and hamstrings. RDL's too but I do a lot of seated and prone hamstring curls.
Lol...it's obviously "Seated Leg Curls", my phone is on T9 mode...lol. hmm...deep squats and RDLs are nice

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
My gym has 3 different machines for hammies:

-Standing leg curls (obviously do one leg at a time)
-Lying leg curls
-Seated leg curls

I use them all, but my fav is the standing. Probably because it is an isolated movement and i can really feel my hammies engaged.

We do have a hyperextension apparatus, that can be used as HMB (google it). Those i really feel too.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Seated leg curls or stiff legged deadlifts. Hamstrings are the one body part I have that cramps quite often... hurts like hell.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
My gym has 3 different machines for hammies:

-Standing leg curls (obviously do one leg at a time)
-Lying leg curls
-Seated leg curls

I use them all, but my fav is the standing. Probably because it is an isolated movement and i can really feel my hammies engaged.

We do have a hyperextension apparatus, that can be used as HMB (google it). Those i really feel too.
Interesting, I'll check it out.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
Seated leg curls or stiff legged deadlifts. Hamstrings are the one body part I have that cramps quite often... hurts like hell.
Yeah, I get painful cramps as well and it really slows me down on other workout routines.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Standing hamstring curls with various angles, straight leg deadlifts and hip thrusts are my favorites. I will also throw in some laying banded curls. Using bands helps keep the cramping down.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic